Grumpy neighbour

cornerblock
cornerblock Posts: 3,228
edited May 2013 in The cake stop
I've lived next door to this person for 15 years but I've finally had enough and have decided to sell up and move on. I've never really had a proper conversation with them as whenever I've seen them at the supermarket or on the street they just glare at me and make me feel like I shouldn't even dare speak to them. Take today for example, I saw them come home on their bike, a typical sit up and beg style bike which they look absolutely ridiculous on with their full Rabobank kit! Anyway I thought I'd make one last effort and invite the grumpy fecker to my leaving party, I made up a conversation starter about needing the lend of a ladder but blimey, what a miserable git, far too busy he said. Honestly the sooner I can sell up and get the hell out of here the better.

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    :lol::lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Haha!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Brilliant.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Can we all come to your leaving party. We can have it in the garden and make as much noise as possible. See if we can bring him to new heights of grumpiness.

PARRRRRRTTTTTYYYYYYYY :D
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    And you went to all the trouble of putting that birds nest on the roof...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Why don't you lean over the fence in the period before moving and mutter often and with looks of consternation "I don't believe it". When you see them on there bikes "I don't believe it".... etc Have some fun at their expense.

As a leaving pressie, slip a couple of bits of meat under the fence, cover them in a little soil and watch the bluebottles hatch.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Well what a very strange day. I had a couple of viewings today and was feeling very optimistic that I was going to find a buyer and get the hell away from old misery guts next door, but it was as if he was determined to try and put off anybody from buying my property. I mean who the heck blares out Justin Bieber songs at full blast in the middle of the day? And then just as I was showing a very nice young family around the main upstairs bedroom who should appear outside the window standing on a ladder wearing nothing but a smile and some fingerless mitts? Yes the grumpy feckwit from next door who told me only yesterday he was too busy to get his ladder out! The youngest of the family screamed so loudly at this sight that I fear she may be traumatised for a long while.

He's a very strange guy and his mixed signals are really confusing me. He ignores me for 15 years but the minute I look like I may be going he's paying me more attention than ever.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Grumpy neighbour? That's me!

No feck off, the lot of yers while I go and put a knife through this ball that has come over the fence into my garden.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Ha ha brilliant!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    He doesn't like you, yet he fears the thought of a new set of neighbours to have to ignore.

Keep an eye on his behaviour, he might actually make it very difficult for you to sell.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I had a dodgy neighbour a few years ago, he was a right tw@t and moaned about anything he could.
    We moved on and rent the house out and once a year pop back in a car that costs twice as much as his house. I give him a wink and leave.
    I know it's childish but it makes me feel good for half hour.

Other than that, I've always had great neighbours. I couldn't imagine living next to someone horrid these days. I just want to get on and enjoy where we all live so I really do feel for you.

It is illegal to actively try and hinder the sale I a property through various means so if it does become a pattern I would speak with the police.
    That is however a double edged sword as it is now a legal requirement to inform the potential purchaser if you have any known neighbour disputes.
    Living MY dream.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Ooooooh.

Got it now.

Chapeau.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    ooooh do keep up at the back :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    I'm trying :?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Still nothing......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    aaahhhhhhh ahahahaahaha
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    VTech wrote:
    I had a dodgy neighbour a few years ago, he was a right tw@t and moaned about anything he could.
    We moved on and rent the house out and once a year pop back in a car that costs twice as much as his house. I give him a wink and leave.
    I know it's childish but it makes me feel good for half hour.

Other than that, I've always had great neighbours. I couldn't imagine living next to someone horrid these days. I just want to get on and enjoy where we all live so I really do feel for you.

It is illegal to actively try and hinder the sale I a property through various means so if it does become a pattern I would speak with the police.
    That is however a double edged sword as it is now a legal requirement to inform the potential purchaser if you have any known neighbour disputes.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Nick Cod
    Nick Cod Posts: 321
    Your neighbours post by any chance?

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12918710
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Nick Cod, you can borrow this gif any time you want.. ;)

ptRbX9s.gif
  • Nick Cod
    Nick Cod Posts: 321
    Ha ha ha ha :)
    2016 Cube Agree C:62 SLT DISC
    2013 Cayo Evo 3
    2013 Zesty 414
    2002 Avalanche 0.0
    2018 Vitus Substance v2 105 Gravel