Neighbour(s)

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited May 2013 in The cake stop
Am i being unreasonable.One of my neighbours who has lived for 15 years next door to me is just a pain in the ar@e. In all that time he hardly ever speaks or even acknowledges you on the streets or in the supermarket. Yet when he does speak it,s because he wants something. Today was no exeption.
On arriving home from work i wheeled the bike into the garden as usual. I was soaking wet through and looking forward to a shower. The neighbour follows me into my garden and asks if i have a ladder. I said yes i do and asked why . The neighbour pointed out a birds nest which is on his roof, not mine and asks if i would remove it as he has a fear of heights.I told him i had no time at the moment and not at the weekend either, maybe i can take it down sometime next week. He said thats no good to me , he is selling his house and perspective buyers are coming in the morning it MUST be taken down tonight.He further went on to say that we can do it now and he will hold the ladder for me.
At this point i Fu@in well errupted and told him just what i think of him, i think he was a bit shocked. Anytime this guy wants anything doing it must be done NOW . Anyway i think he,s got the message. Am i being unreasonable?
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Have you met Dutch people before Ad? Sounds pretty standard to me...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ademort
    ddraver wrote:
    Have you met Dutch people before Ad? Sounds pretty standard to me...

I guess it,s the same where you are is it.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I ve never been asked to go up a ladder, but otherwise pretty much yes. They re not a nation famed for their friendliness, politeness and tact are they? ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Serve him right if prospective buyers were ornithologists ...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    ademort wrote:
    Am i being unreasonable.One of my neighbours who has lived for 15 years next door to me is just a pain in the ar@e. In all that time he hardly ever speaks or even acknowledges you on the streets or in the supermarket. Yet when he does speak it,s because he wants something. Today was no exeption.
    On arriving home from work i wheeled the bike into the garden as usual. I was soaking wet through and looking forward to a shower. The neighbour follows me into my garden and asks if i have a ladder. I said yes i do and asked why . The neighbour pointed out a birds nest which is on his roof, not mine and asks if i would remove it as he has a fear of heights.I told him i had no time at the moment and not at the weekend either, maybe i can take it down sometime next week. He said thats no good to me , he is selling his house and perspective buyers are coming in the morning it MUST be taken down tonight.He further went on to say that we can do it now and he will hold the ladder for me.
    At this point i Fu@in well errupted and told him just what i think of him, i think he was a bit shocked. Anytime this guy wants anything doing it must be done NOW . Anyway i think he,s got the message. Am i being unreasonable?
    Ademort

Serve him right that he can't sell his house because his neighbour is an unhelpful, miserable tw@t. :lol:
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 367
    I love any post that starts "am I being unreasonable?" There's a whole board for that on netmums, known over there as AIBU. Makes for some comedy reading.

Would like to stress that I am not a member of netmums!
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Maybe he wanted to watch (perv at) you going up the ladder in your lycra cycling shorts!! ;):D
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I think it's partly a cultural thing. My neighbour wants things done and demands that they are done NOW!

I was under a car removing the engine and my neighbour wants his finger nails cut and is standing there with his tesouras in hand insisting I come out from under the car and cut them, I showed him my oily hands and told him to ask Mrs T.

He insists we weed his garden as he has no sons, he is related to half the village but doesn't ask them.

I think we, like you ademort, made the rod for our own back by being nice and neighbourly :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ademort
    team47b wrote:
    I think it's partly a cultural thing. My neighbour wants things done and demands that they are done NOW!

I was under a car removing the engine and my neighbour wants his finger nails cut and is standing there with his tesouras in hand insisting I come out from under the car and cut them, I showed him my oily hands and told him to ask Mrs T.

He insists we weed his garden as he has no sons, he is related to half the village but doesn't ask them.

I think we, like you ademort, made the rod for our own back by being nice and neighbourly :D

Iv,e got my own back this morning. The perspective buyers have just been and of course i had the music on full blast to put them off. I also went to the animal shop this morning to purchase some bird seed. I,m informed by the pet shop owner that this bird seed will make the birds sing like Rhianna and Justin Bieber in Fu'@in concert. Will be going up the ladder but not for the reasons that my neighbour thinks.My neighbour must relocate due to work and the house must be sold by the end of June as he starts his job then and a commute is out of the question. You know the more i think of these people the more i,m disliking them. It wouldn,t surprise me if they didn,t ask for a hand when they do move house.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,358
    team47b wrote:

I was under a car removing the engine...

I smell a porkie here. Unless you are extraordinarily diminutive, how do you fit underneath a bubble car with 8" of clearance?

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Could be worse. Our walls are literally paper thin and it's driving me mad. My neighbour can not live without turning his tv on and having the volume at 120dB,when he's home he literally has his tv on 24-7. Even at 03:00am.

The neighbour has zero consideration for everyone else, the guy who lives on the other side and myself.

I feel sorry for the guy who lives on the other side as he mjust have it louder, by sharing the wall where our neighbour has mounted his tv. Yes I can hear his tv from his far wall !
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • ademort
    ben@31 wrote:
    Could be worse. Our walls are literally paper thin and it's driving me mad. My neighbour can not live without turning his tv on and having the volume at 120dB,when he's home he literally has his tv on 24-7. Even at 03:00am.

The neighbour has zero consideration for everyone else, the guy who lives on the other side and myself.

I feel sorry for the guy who lives on the other side as he mjust have it louder, by sharing the wall where our neighbour has mounted his tv. Yes I can hear his tv from his far wall !

Please believe me, i know it could be worse my neighbours invisible for 359 days of the year it,s the other 6 or so days when he comes to my home wanting help or to borrow something which really pisses me off. When i tell him i don,t have time or can,t help he becomes irritated and demanding,as if i,m obliged to help each time he comes to the door. Anyway after the mouthful i gave him last time i don,t think he will be back soon.Oh, i do feel sorry for you and your neighbour have you ever confronted him with the TV noise level. My former in-laws were both deaf and there TV was rediculously noisy.

Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    team47b wrote:

I was under a car removing the engine...

I smell a porkie here. Unless you are extraordinarily diminutive, how do you fit underneath a bubble car with 8" of clearance?

undercar.jpg

axle stands :roll:

Fairly diminutive 164cms short and 55kgs (me, not the car!)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    If I hated my neighbour and he asked of 5 minutes of my time that might lead to him moving out I think I would be a feckwit not to help.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    ademort wrote:
    Ademort
    No you are not being unreasonable. You should just tell him to fu*k off, I would ........
  • giant_man
    giant man wrote:
    ademort wrote:
    Ademort
    No you are not being unreasonable. Sounds like he loves to use people. You should just tell him to fu*k off, I would. Neighbours are a right pain in the ar*e.
  • ballysmate
    giant man wrote:
    giant man wrote:
    No you are not being unreasonable. Sounds like he loves to use people. You should just tell him to fu*k off, I would. Neighbours are a right pain in the ar*e.

No chance of borrowing a cup of sugar is there? :roll:
  • ballysmate
    Not wishing to come across too much 'Brian Inglis and All our Yesterdays', but 'borrowing' a cup of sugar or other commodity was a regular occurrence when I was kid. We had little, but next door but one seemed to have even less. It was not rare for their daughter to be sent round to ask 'to borrow' something.
    I suppose it is difficult to send a 5 year old away with a flea in their ear, so my mother usually obliged.
    Can't think that people are as neighbourly nowadays, although I expect someone will tell me I'm wrong.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Not wishing to come across too much 'Brian Inglis and All our Yesterdays', but 'borrowing' a cup of sugar or other commodity was a regular occurrence when I was kid. We had little, but next door but one seemed to have even less. It was not rare for their daughter to be sent round to ask 'to borrow' something.
    I suppose it is difficult to send a 5 year old away with a flea in their ear, so my mother usually obliged.
    Can't think that people are as neighbourly nowadays, although I expect someone will tell me I'm wrong.

Depends if they take the *iss. When you pay for everything and they are freeloading spongers who contribute very little.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    Just caught on ;)
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I have to say that I'm not sure how so many people have bad neighbours these days.
    I would absolutely HATE it as I had a horrid neighbour years ago that pi55ed me off but he wasn't THAT bad.
    I would definitely nip it in the bud as early as possible as these things fester.
    I know someone locally has contacted planning about my building work which although extensive, doesn't encroach on other people and only makes the village look nicer so I'm beady eyed at the moment although its to be expected in a way.

If I had a neighbour who played loud music at night I'd want to poke his eyes out as sleep is important to me as I need to concentrate at work. I can't understand why people do it, surely life is easier if you simply try to get on with the neighbour.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    VTech wrote:
    I have to say that I'm not sure how so many people have bad neighbours these days.
    I would absolutely HATE it as I had a horrid neighbour years ago that pi55ed me off but he wasn't THAT bad.
    I would definitely nip it in the bud as early as possible as these things fester.
    I know someone locally has contacted planning about my building work which although extensive, doesn't encroach on other people and only makes the village look nicer so I'm beady eyed at the moment although its to be expected in a way.

If I had a neighbour who played loud music at night I'd want to poke his eyes out as sleep is important to me as I need to concentrate at work. I can't understand why people do it, surely life is easier if you simply try to get on with the neighbour.

I'm watching you! It looks like the Beckhams have moved in, and Katie Price drew up the plans.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The plans are very nice, very in keeping with the locality.
    Living MY dream.
  • giant_man
    I've moved quite a few times in my adult life and had all sorts of neighbours, some good, some bad, and some just awful. It takes all sorts of course. At the moment we have one side good, recently became a cyclist funnily enough, the other side awful, with their noisy kids and fuffing sun-blocking caravan. Bar stewards.