Sektor Travel reduction

kja
kja Posts: 259
edited April 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All,

I've just bought a set of RS Sektor R solo air forks from Merlin - http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/f ... forks.html

They are currently 150mm travel but come with two spacers to reduce the travel to 130mm. My question is can I safely add a third spacer to reduce the travel to 120mm? Is there a technical reaosn why not? Air shaft too long for example?

Thanks

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Can't see why not, but I'd check for TF Tuned.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    You probably cant as it will mess with the air volume too much if anything. A conversion to DP coil or UTurn would be great though (and give you 120mm) if a little added weight.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • kja
    Thanks guys, looks like it's a call to TF on Monday. Bike is a Cotic Soul which can handle 130mm forks, so not a big deal if they can't go to 120mm anyway.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    benpinnick wrote:
    A conversion to DP coil or UTurn would be great though (and give you 120mm) if a little added weight.

to do this you have to change the lowers i think
  • kja
    De man from Tf Tuned, he say 'yes'. In fact he seemed surprised that the question needed to be asked. Just need to find another spacer, off to the diy shop to see if there's anything suitable.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    benpinnick wrote:
    You probably cant as it will mess with the air volume too much if anything.
    It doesn't affect the air volume.
  • kja
    Nearby bike shop had a spacer they let me have for a few quid in the charity box. Will get it all done tonight. Thanks for all the advice peeps.