Samsung GS4 or HTC One?

kingofthetailwind
kingofthetailwind Posts: 575
edited April 2013 in The cake stop
Was about to commit to a Galaxy S4 today, but some reviews and comparisons have me thinking about the HTC One. Anyone have a HTC One? Or get an S4 today?

I've had an HTC Desire S for the last two years. Never that impressed really. Granted it's a budget phone but the build quality was poor. I had to have the first phone they gave me replaced, and the second had to go back for a month for repairs.

Or should I not worry about such trivial things and buy a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elites instead? :D

Comments

• Funnily enough, I was going to caution about the HTC build quality.

One of the phones I've got here is an HTC Titan - dirty great 4.75" WP7.5 device. Camera button broke after three months, and the bluetooth gave up the ghost. Not impressed with the build of it.
  • Not tried the S4 yet, but based on the stuff we've got via work, I really do like the S3 a lot, with the only issue being one of sheer size. Currently using one as my personal phone, in fact. When it comes to these whoppers, I'd definitely advise getting your hands on one before buying, as they really are starting to push the limits of what's practical to carry and comfortable to use.
    Mangeur
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    I've had an HTC One S since last year and I like it a lot. It's really slim, even when it's inside a Casemate. Android is super stable, the screen is lovely, call audio is fine and music sounds superb. Only bad point is the anodised black surface on mine has got a tiny bit scratched along the top and bottm edges - but after nearly 12 months of use it's been solid.

My last two phones have been HTC and so will the next one when it's upgrade time.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,213
    I currently have an S3 and wish that I didn't. It is forever spontaneously restarting or simply freezing. The "Gorilla Glass" screen is all scratched to hell. There is still no simple, effective handsfree calling facility, and it's SLOW. Every task I try seems to take an age. Personally I am going Apple next after sampling the girl child's 4S.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Very happy with my S3 and not had any issues with it. I do have it in a robust case though. They are rather large, and isn't great to carry when on the bike
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    How about an Xperia Z? Does all the tricks of the other two mentioned phones, but has the added benefit of being waterproof. To my eyes, it looks far better than the other two also.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    No preference. Just like to point out to Pinarello. Top 7