Tyre Advice

BishopS0411
BishopS0411 Posts: 2
edited April 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm pretty much a beginner and I'm looking for some advice on tyres. My Scott Aspect 20 came with 26 x 2.1 Schwalbe Rocket Ron tyres as standard. Now the sun's coming out and I'm looking to get out and about again, I'm thinking of replacing them with something a bit more suitable for the road.

Last year I found myself riding mainly on roads/hard tracks and only about 20% off road. I really want to get fit, so the likelihood is that the amount of time I'll be spending on hard, flat surfaces will increase even more.

Can anyone recommend some tyres that might suit this style? I'm not expert, so I don't want to spend a fortune!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Road only, you want a slick road type tyre like a Schwalbe city jet (go to budget option), these will cope fine on canal path, dirt tracks, but for a bit more grip off road, consider somthing like Kenda small block8's, you really need to define your usage a bit better as 'off road' is pretty meaningless.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.