First XC full suss... recommendations please!

AchillesLeftKnee
AchillesLeftKnee Posts: 713
edited April 2013 in MTB buying advice
My experience of full sussers is almost precisely zip, but it's definitely new MTB time and I really fancy giving full suss a pop.

As far as what I'm after is concerned, it's...

An XC oriented full susser, with an emphasis on durability and ease of maintenance \ relatively good parts availability over absolute cutting edge wonderfulness*. Climbing performance is very important, but more from a geometry and rear end bounce perspective than one of outright weight (I'll start worrying about the odd kilo when I've run out of spare ones of my own...). Wheel size... well, I doubt it's going to end up as anything other than a 26er, but I'm open to suggestions - 29ers in HT, yep, I reckon that's a /endthread "they're better, especially if you're tall enough, the rest are scrap" argument, but full suss I have no experience so, erm, help!

Ideally, I'd like to spend less than £2k, but that's an entirely movable limit if required, potentially very movable indeed if it demos well. Actually, that's not true. I'd rather have it given to me free by a cute redhead lady in her mid 30s with dazzling intellect and the morals of a cat, but I suspect neither are especially likely.

Over to you...

* As in, no obscure makes that'll leave me waiting months while a bored distributor waits for enough broken mech hangers to bother placing an order for five so they can make a tenner.
Mangeur

Comments