First ever road bike!

Scott_0001
Scott_0001 Posts: 32
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
Hi all!

I've decided to get a road bike which i'll be using to commute each day (4 miles or so) and to start a hobby and cycle at the weekends with the summer (ha) coming.

I know nothing about road bikes as all i had when i was younger was Mountain Bikes and BMX's.

I wen't into Evans and they recommended me a Scott Speedster 40 Compact which will be ready tomorrow for a test ride http://www.evanscycles.com/products/sco ... e-ec042439

They kept going on about Tiagra gears saying they were the best for the money?

I'm looking to spend around £800 for the bike alone as i have alread bought everything else. Is this the best for the money or is there better out there? The bike needs to look the part as i won't be wanting to spend silly money on something that looks ugly and cheap lol.

Comments

• Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Looks a fantastic bike, and a good spec with tiara, don't know if its value for money, if you ride it and like it, buy it, can't go far wrong with Scott, but then I'm biased as I've got a Scott CR1, the only thing I would say is you may still be able to find a 2012 model in other makes with a higher spec at that price, but then again you may not get chance to sit on one if its an Internet buy.
    Don't dither too long, good weather for riding on its way.
  • hipshot
    hipshot Posts: 371
    Nice bike. Make sure its the right size and set up for you and you're laughing.