National Masters Road Race Championships

ju5t1n
ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
edited April 2013 in Amateur race
This was in July last year, but I can't see it in the 2013 calendar. Does anyone know when it is?

Comments

• wcrombie
    wcrombie Posts: 10
    I was wondering the same thing. Sent a mail to BC the other day to ask.... Will let you know if i get a useful reply.
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    Ahh the masters road race , happy memories, well sort of. Only ridden it once , down Oxford way . I went with the intention of winning it , thats not meant to sound presumptuous in any way . But at the time i was as good as i ever got and knew i was capable if the opportunity presented itself. Any way , in reality i ended up in hospital with several broken bones :D :? dressed in a skin suit and cycling shoes with no money or phone 20 odd miles from my car , 150 miles from home , thinking what do i do now. Happy memories. :(
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I spoke to British Cycling’s regional events officer at the Reading RR yesterday and he said that they can’t find an organiser for this event - so it most likely won’t happen.

Seeing as demographic wise, the majority of British Cycling’s members belong to one of the Masters categories I think they should run the event themselves - rather than rely on a volunteer.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,586
    I don't think BC run any road event themselves do they? I thought that even the senior nationals has a separate promoter. It's ironic, more and more people taking up racing and less and less people prepared to promote. As in another thread it looks like there's no Welsh champs this year either.