Parcelling up tyres

World\'s Dump
World\'s Dump Posts: 107
edited April 2013 in MTB general
Hi there,

I am selling some tyres which I need to parcel up and post off.

Can anyone advise the best way to parcel a pair of tyres up.

Many thanks

Nick

Comments

• whyamihere wrote:
    Don't fold them normally, that will damage the bead. What you need to do is twist them into an 8 shape then fold this in half. I've received tyres folded like this a few times and they're fine.

Sorry chaps this response may help actually but if anyone has any other ideas would be much obliged.

Cheers
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Unless they're folding bead, which I assume not, there is no other way. Except a big box the size of the tyres.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    when I sold my last pair I just put them in a black bag. wrapped loads of gaffa tape around them and put a sign on saying do not bend. they got there ok :)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is easy to put a twist in them and reduce the size quite a bit.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    Folding tyres are great. Fold them into a small square and zip tie them up, bosh!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I use parcel tape, tape the 2 together and then create a 'union flag' by wrapping the tape round, passing across, round the other side and pusing down (so it's back to back with the first pass - sticky to sticky) and back again, by doing it 4 times it stop[s them being squashed and kinking the bead, sent loads like that and never had an issue.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just ignore me. My nurse will be back in a minute.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown