OTT Emmerdale Farm

johnboy183
johnboy183 Posts: 832
edited April 2013 in The cake stop
Ok so I don't watch this but it's often on in the background. Tonight's episode has just threatened an execution, a serious duffing up and this is not the first time. The Street is similar. Surely it's too early for thiese sorts of themes to be shown on tv? What happened to the watershed?

Comments

• Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    The watershed was destroyed in a Yorkshire independence Brigade terrorist attack.

Tend to agree fella not an avid watcher but all the soaps seem to be going down a similar route. Corro does maintain a certain level of humour though.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • johnboy183
    True and again I don't watch but it's on
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    No expert here, but I thought the watershed covered things like swearing, graphic violence or nudity, etc.

Most films aimed at the teen market contain 'themes' of violence, death, etc. but it's not shown so graphically as a cert-18. I assume TV (and the watershed) is similar.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Eastenders looks to be the worst of the bunch. It's known as "S-benders" in the Slog household, an s-bend being somewhere between the @rse and the sewer and which a conduit for sh1t to pass through.

I keep hoping the story line will involve some virulent plague which will wipe the entire lot out and that will be the end of it.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    I think the watershed for ALL soaps should be between 3am till 5am and that they can only be shown during these hours.

That way at least some of us can have a life without the wife having this crap on all day and every day. :twisted:
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    bring back Seth Armstrong

SETH_ARMSTRONG.jpg

and Mr Wilks

mr+wilks+1983.jpg

We need more hairy things on TV. :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • johnboy183
    ^^^ or maybe not!
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Inversely, there was a time when Casualty could be depended on to supply at least 3 candidates for a grisly death each week, the aim being to identify the gonner. Now the medical aspect is totally ruined by everyone having "relationships".
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    don't watch any of this $hit anymore, used to though but the storylines were just getting so silly ...
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Mind-numbing, brain destroying shite, all of it.

We won't have any of them on in our house.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    BigJimmyB wrote:

...so what do you watch?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    BigJimmyB wrote:

We won't have any of them on in our house.
    I predicted as such when the TV was allowed to broadcast 24hrs. More is certainly less.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,259
    ...so what do you watch?
    IPL cricket.