Dan Martin

2»

Comments

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Same way they picked Anakin Skywalker.

Definitely the right choice from Vaughters, though I do wonder how Roche's career would be going had he concentrated a little less on becoming a GT rider.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Turfle wrote:
    Same way they picked Anakin Skywalker.
    Damn you! I was typing out the exact same thing but you were faster
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Pokerface wrote:
    DAN_zpsd321f132.jpg

Got to be happy about the guys checking out your ar5e too :wink:
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    He is in my Velogames fantasy Tour team, hopefully not the kiss of death for his chances.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    He did well on the Tourmalet stage of the TdF last year - really took it to them.
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Dan Martin's Tour Diary can be found here.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-s ... -1.1453243

DD.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    He based his selection in the end on mitochondria.

Yeah, right. Sounds more like a convenient back up theory. More likely Roche wanted more money or there was some other complication during negotiations.
  • dolan_driver
    He based his selection in the end on mitochondria.

Yeah, right. Sounds more like a convenient back up theory. More likely Roche wanted more money or there was some other complication during negotiations.

Looks like the use of mitochondria by Vaughters as a decision-maker paid off again today. No sign of any pandas, though!

DD.
  • dolan_driver
    Here is an entry from Dan's Tour Diary for The Irish Times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/dan-martin-s- ... -1.1462217

His take on the events of Friday's stage is interesting.

DD.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Here is an entry from Dan's Tour Diary for The Irish Times.

http://www.irishtimes.com/dan-martin-s- ... -1.1462217

His take on the events of Friday's stage is interesting.

DD.

He says it was wrong for Belkin to drive on and split the peloton, drop Valverde off when he had his broken wheel
    Some people were saying afterwards that Movistar had taken advantage of the bad luck of others in the past. I don’t know about that. I would hope it doesn’t stay that long in the minds of people. But we are lucky to be in a team that enjoys quite good karma. We have a lot of friends in the peloton.

Hmm, perhaps they should talk to Hincapie, he really was a fan of Garmin not driving on and splitting the peloton...
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Romain Bardet reckons Dan could be there or thereabouts on Alpe D'Huez. A fantasy result would be to see those two clear and sprinting for the win.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    I think he is starting to struggle with the long stages.

For my money he has made the the single most smart and classy attack the entire race. absolute maximization of his talent in a given moment.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Tried to sneak into the break again today. And consequently doomed that particular break!
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Currently sitting 10th in GC. I imagine he'd be pretty pleased with that.
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Is it just me, or are there other old Faith No More fans who, every time they see Dan Martin's name, just immediately think "Big Sick Ugly Dan Martin"?

No? Just me then.
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • dolan_driver
    Dan Martin was sick on yesterday's stage so that explains his loss of form. He hopes to recover and give it a go for tomorrow.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-s ... -1.1468235

DD.