Btwin Triban + Fulcrum 5's 2013

triban
triban Posts: 149
edited April 2013 in Your road bikes
Fitted my new Fulcrum racing 5's to my triban 5 at the weekend.

i'm pretty pleased with my self because i've never done this before, thought i'd share the results!

Fulcrum_5_btwin.jpg

For anyone who is thinking of fitting these, the cassette on mine is a 9 speed shimano and i did need to use a spacer, which happily is supplied.

The freehub sound is loud, but it didn't bother me at all as i don't coast very often. They spin forever compared to the cheap wheels supplied with the bike and although it was really windy on saturaday morning i completed my 65k route about 5 minutes quicker than normal and i didn't have to stop once where normally i'd stop 3 times during the ride (hey, it's an achievement to me :wink: ).

For the heavier riders out there, i'm 88kg (for now) and although i've not yet been far on the fulcrums they returned home in the same condition they left in! They appear really tough and i think they should stand up to my weight just fine.

A lot of people have said they have trouble fitting tires: i have Specialized Espoir Elites, folding tyre, and i fitted them by hand, no tools required. they went on to the Fulcrums as easily as they went on to the btwin factory wheels.

hope this info is of use to someone!

Comments