Lightweight tubes

Woodmonkey
Woodmonkey Posts: 412
edited April 2013 in MTB buying advice
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/onz ... e-ec034310
Anyone used these? Do they make a difference, are they worth trying?
pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No weight given which doesn't help really!

I use 26x1.0-1.5" tubes (Schwalbe) inside tyres upto 2.1"....weigh in at just 125g and cost just £3.99 - simples.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    98g on the little drop down.
  • The Rookie
    Which little drop down, clicking product details gives no weight.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mcnultycop
    Which little drop down, clicking product details gives no weight.

To the left of "add to basket".
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    I don't get that menu!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • mcnultycop
    On my iPhone. Not sure on PC, not tried.
  • The Rookie
    Nothing on a PC - well done Evans!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Have been using Conti Supersonics on the Voltage with 2.5 Minions. The best part of 100g per tube weight saving compared to DH-specific tubes I can feel the difference.

No probs with punctures or pinches
  • The Rookie
    HOW MUCH?

I'll stick with my £4 option weighing 125g!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    £7 more and weighing 25g less... that's not a bad return!
  • The Rookie
    It's not in the grand scheme of things, but it's very easy to go through a number a year (unlike say a headset spacer), so compared to a less disposed of part (same price and weight saving) it's not as good value.