Question about Garmin Edge 200..

dai_t75
dai_t75 Posts: 189
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
Evening all,

Just wondering if someone can help me out with my edge 200. This is probably a daft question - if I upload a course to the unit and follow the breadcrumb type thing does it also record my ride as soon as I press start on the course?

I tried doing it yesterday and the breadcrumb was working but I couldn't tell if it was recording at the same time or whether I needed to press something else to start it off. I ended up turning it off and just doing a regular ride as I knew the route anyway.

If it does record straight off the bat, is there anyway to see the stats for the ride so far? There didn't seem to be much info on the screen with the little time I had it running.

Thanks as always.

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    firstly yes following the breadcrumbs will also record a ride, it doesn't show much does it! I've yet to use it bar testing it on areas I know. mainly put off by how little data it displayed.
  • dai_t75
    No, it was a bit bare to say the least! Good to know that it does record though. Do you know if there is a way to press a button to say pause the breadcrumb and see the stats?

I am hoping to use it in conjunction with a map when we attempt LEJOG in August so the lack of data shouldn't be too much of an issue hopefully... assuming my map reading skills aren't too bad :wink:
  • I cant remember how I set mine up but when I follow a route it flips between the screens - showing you the route you are following and then the default screen showing speed, distance etc.
  • morpho
    morpho Posts: 48
    You can turn off auto scroll in the options, then use the bottom left button to scroll yourself through the different screens whenever you want to see the time/distance etc.. This is really useful as it always seemed to pick the most annoying times to scroll off the breadcrumb trail when I needed it.
  • dai_t75
    morpho wrote:
    You can turn off auto scroll in the options, then use the bottom left button to scroll yourself through the different screens whenever you want to see the time/distance etc.. This is really useful as it always seemed to pick the most annoying times to scroll off the breadcrumb trail when I needed it.

Thanks for that - Mine didn't change so must be set to off already. I wasn't sure how to scroll the screens myself though so you have answered that one as well :)