Voodoo Hoodoo

Pentasa
Pentasa Posts: 9
edited April 2013 in Your mountain bikes
006jnd.jpg

Haven't seen one of these posted for a while and since I've had her since AUgust last year I thought it was time for some upgrades, After being inspired by the "Voodoo Hoodoo on a diet" Thread

Changed a few bits and pieces since that picture was taken, New pedals - Wellgo MG-1's, grips - Giant XC Lock-On Grips, Seat - Charge Spoon and added a rear mudguard (which I don't really like) since it rains all the time in Scotland I was fed up with my back getting covered in mud

Probably get round to changing the seat post not sure what one yet, stem - Probably a Thomson Elite X4 MTB Stem and handlebars at some point maybe a Easton Haven carbon bar

Comments

• Uli
    Uli Posts: 190
    Wellgo MG1's are good call, especially over stock ones. I have 50 mm KCNC stem on mine- note hoodoo 90 mm stem is quite light (130g). I believe you want to change seatpost to save some weight. With Easton Heaven bars are definitely lighter but not much wider than stock ones.
    And wash your bike before posting more photos so people can actually see it :)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    At least it's a 'muddy photo'....forget washing it, prefer bikes that are ridden!

Upgrade opportunities on that are good, although the frames are a wee bit on the heavy side, they ride nicely.

As Uli says the stem is pretty light, the bars aren't bad but less so, the seatposts are a little heavy.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Since when did a clean/well looked after bike mean the owner doesn't ride it? lmao.
  • Pentasa
    Pentasa Posts: 9
    I'll probably go for a Thomson Elite Inline Seat Post as my next upgrade going by the other posts in this thread then stem and bar in that order one of my workmates is seriously hardcore when it comes to cycling road and MTB and said even tho the Easton Haven carbon bar is only an inch longer it should make a difference to the handling and I'm sure I can manage to take a picture the next time I wash the bike, I usually only have the chance to take a picture of my bike when I come back from riding it :)