Bont vaypor with speedplay - what set up?

edten
edten Posts: 228
edited April 2013 in Road general
Ive run speedplay on vaypors for a couple of years now, more or less problem free. However I have always noticed the adapter plate deforms a little over one of the three screw positions (tried various combinations of the base plate shims etc). Speedplay always stress how important it is that the adapter plate should not deform and the cleat should sit flat on it. Today for the first time ever and after replacing both the adapter plate and cleat a week or so ago the cleat kept disengaging when doing some hardish out the saddle sprint intervals. I'm pretty sure it is fully clicking in however I am assuming the deformed base plate is affecting the engagement / enabling release.

Just wondering of those out there that have Vaypors and speedplay what combination of baseplate, shims etc are you using and do you still see some distortion?

I would just get 4 hole Bonts but I use the wide version which I dont believe are available.

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    Went for a fit with Adrian at Cadence Sport yesterday. He had the sandpaper out filing down the shims on the base plate to get it perfect.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • edten
    edten Posts: 228
    now there's a thought! I'll give that a go. Was it just the rear one that he sanded? I think it must be the rear one that's too high.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    He sanded both on mine.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****