Strava How Do You Stop The Recording?

Frank Wilson
Frank Wilson Posts: 930
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
Ok may appear a silly question, but I recorded my ride today and when I get back there seems no way of stopping it, there is the same circle I started the recording with but with a bar across it with "lock or unlock" buttons, neither of which do anything when pressed.

This is on an android phone by the way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    Did you unlock it by sliding your finger across the screen first?

Afterwards just use the same button you started the ride with and then press the chequered button to upload
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    +1
    Slide across to unlock, centre button to pause/stop (good for cafe breaks) and chequered flag to finish and upload.
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • Cheers for that, not long after I posted, I sussed it out, me and modern technology don't really go together.

Anyway it was a complete waste of a 30 mile ride as not being able to stop recording I forgot about the phone in my pocket went I went to the shops in the car.

When I eventually stopped it and uploaded it I had several stage firsts and and average speed of 55mph! Obviously I had to discard the ride from Strava!

At least now I understand it better.
  • IanREmery
    IanREmery Posts: 148

When I eventually stopped it and uploaded it I had several stage firsts and and average speed of 55mph! Obviously I had to discard the ride from Strava!

At least now I understand it better.

Think this KOM chap needs to do the same thing:

http://app.strava.com/activities/49690063#877787454

Edit - only just noticed the "flag ride" option... *click*
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Strava has an elapsed time and a riding time,the elapsed time takes into account stoppages such as cafe breaks or sitting at traffic lights then deducts from the overall time to give you the riding time,the time actually spent on your bike.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    You could have still recorded the ride on Strava... just upload it then crop off the end section that you left it running in the car.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut