Happy Record Store Day..

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited April 2013 in The bottom bracket
For tis now.

First vinyl record I remember buying was probably The Jam - this is the modern world. :lol:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Mine was Gordon is a moron by Jilted John. Long live vynil feel sorry for kids now that they dont get the experience of saving up their pocket money and looking forward to friday after school or saturday morning going down to the local record shop. great memories.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Mine was also Jilted John, followed swiftly by my first album, Parallel lines (sp? :oops: ) Blondie.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I'm happy to say i've still got all the vinyl I ever bought.

Showed my niece the stranglers lp with the '3d' effect on - she tooko th erecord out of the sleeve and said "What IS that".

Ah they'll never know the joy of the gatefold cover, the crackly sound before the song starts - the skill of being able to plonk the stylus right on the bit you wanted your mates to hear. :lol:

The science of whether you needed to put a 1p or 2p on the needle to stop it jumping. :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Chewing gum - you could place it on the arm at various points to acheive the right balance.

I have a Fats Domino picture disc in red vinyl.

...and i'll never forget my sister endlessly playing Black is Black version by la Belle poque (after a split up with a BF) until finally, thankfully, mercifully it developed a scratch and went Black is Black I wa..kkkkkkk Black is Black I w..kkkkkk Black.... The relief. The peace. The serenity.... until she went right out and bought another bloody copy. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhh.
    I've got it upstairs.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    My mate achieved instant celebrity status at school when he said his mother was a cleaner at Glenn Hughes' (Deep Purple) house. Kids took loads of album sleeves in to school so that he could get them signed. I bet his mom signed most of 'em herself.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    First for me was Siren by Roxy Music. I can remember it well, Scene and Heard in Leeds city centre, 1975 I guess. Still enjoy it to this day, though not on vinyl, which is a bit of a shame.

Trivia alert - the album cover art is Jerry Hall as a "Siren" shot from the exotic location of South Stack, Angelsey :D
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    My first album was by Steppenwolf... their first album called "Steppenwolf).
    Contained two of the tracks from Easy Rider... "Born to to be wild" and "The Pusher".
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    My cousin John Scott was a member of jilted John , hence the name. :D

My first record I think was black and white by the stranglers.
    Still got it, it came with a ltd edition single in white vinyl called 'tits',but I stupidly sold it to mate in school for 50p,
    Bet it's worth more than 50p now though. :(
  • ballysmate
    First song to make lasting impression on me was
    Coz I Luv You by Slade

Coz thats ow we spake round ere!
  • john_kline
    john_kline Posts: 2,151
    My first record was Billion Dollar Babies by Alice Cooper in 1973. Beautiful gatefold sleeve. Songs about being raped and necrophilia were at my tender age of 10 years thankfully a complete mystery. Cracking tunes though. Still got it.
  • velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    sadly mine was the Men in Black Will Smith theme...
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • ballysmate
    I'm happy to say i've still got all the vinyl I ever bought.

Still got all mine too. And the leather. And the rubber. :oops: