1st. Ride after. . .

Toe knee
Toe knee Posts: 525
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
Bad back for 5 weeks, did a steady tentative 6 miles just to see how it was, and it doesn't seem to bad, so back out to willaston tommorow and maybe 10 miles, lovely day, few friendly nods off fellow cyclists on the way round.
Could tell a substancial difference with the spacers swapped around, all in all a good first little test ride, can't wait for tommorow now. Just thought i would share.

Tony. :D

Comments

• Azhar
    Azhar Posts: 247
    Nice one buddy. Just take ur time and build it up slowly. Include some core workout which will definitely help. :)
  • Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    Was on the road at 9 this morning, weather was fine, did 9 miles in 45 mins avg speed 12mph., very pleased with progress, rest day tommorow and back out on Tuesday maybe 12 miles ?.
    Am I increasing my mileage in the right manner, or is it to much or to little increases each ride , I feel like I could keep riding at the end of my rides, but feel I might regret it later on. Is some degree of self discipline required when increasing your mileage ?

Thanks tony
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 367
    Nice one! :D

As you'll have seen in my thread, I've increased and am still increasing at 5 miles a time. I'm not sure that was the best way to do it - I read something that said you should add 10% each time (which makes sense - going from 10 to 15 is very different to going from 40 to 45!).