New Localised Neck Pain

fatdaz
fatdaz Posts: 348
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
Last year I bought a Bianchi Infinito and had a proper bike fit after a couple of years of riding a badly fitting bike and suffering accordingly. Once I got the Infinito all my discomfort problems went away and my mileage and speed improved dramatically over 6 months or so. I then had a "lapse" and went on the p*ss for 3 months putting on 3 stone in the process (sadly not the first time I've done this). I've been back riding for a couple of months and have dropped over a stone and the speed and climbing is coming back. I've noticed that as I've upped the mileage over the last couple of weeks, doing some 60-80 mile rides, I have started to get pain in the right side of the back of my neck. It builds over the ride until it's very uncomfortable and, whilst it calms down between rides, it hasn't gone away in 2 weeks.

Logic tells me that the bike still fits me - it was bery comfortable for me last year and whilst I've become a fat git I haven't changed in height and my legs haven't grown or shrunk. Do I assume that I can just keep training and this will go away or am I likely to be missing something?

Thanks - FD