Great British Discounts??

magoo289
magoo289 Posts: 223
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
Hi

Does anybody anything about this website?

I just put an order through PBK and at top of order confirmation got a message "Your order is complete. Click to Continue to claim £20 cashback as a valued ProBikeKit customer". Naturally I clicked "Continue" and new page opened with a form to complete to register for free 30 day trial with £0.95 admin fee with membership fee of £14.95 per month.

So looks like pay membership fee of 95p, claim £20 and terminate membership within 30 day free trial. Has anybody else seen or register?

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Don't do it, and it's a sort of opt in scam. Avoid at all costs and don't encourage vendors who link stuff like that.

It'll leach money from your account each month until you remember about it and cancel it.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    +1, I would avoid something like that. I just don't trust them. I expect they will make cancellation unnecessarily difficult and you will lose at least 1 month subscription.
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    Thanks. Concerning that PBK is directing you from their website. Change of ownership, lower standards.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    1. Information about us.

We operate our site. We are L-EV8 Marketing Limited, a company registered in Ireland under company number 491718and with our registered office at 33 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, Ireland.
    Great British? :?