What attracted your other half to you?

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited April 2013 in The bottom bracket
In my case it was the fact I made her laugh and I treated her with respect,and I was a top mover on the dancefloor.

And I chose not to beat her off with the sh1tty stick. :lol:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I met my wife when she was 15, I was 18, she was a stunner, I knew her sister from college.
    I was in a car that wasnt mine and pretended it was (I used to use work cars to pull girls as a kid) But I came clean with her and 23 years later we are married with 3 kids.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I think it was because I was an active outdoors'y person, we met when I was kayak surfing down in Cornwall.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    VTech wrote:
    I met my wife when she was 15, I was 18, she was a stunner, I knew her sister from college.
    I was in a car that wasnt mine and pretended it was (I used to use work cars to pull girls as a kid) But I came clean with her and 23 years later we are married with 3 kids.
    So you used your car as a phallic symbol, common amongst men with small c0cks. :wink::lol:

Was the sister worth it then?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    It wasnt mine, thats the thing and trust me, at 17 and 18 it worked a treat. My only question as ive got older was how come they believed me !!!
    The sister is ok, she is like a sister to me I guess as ive grown up with her, some mates fancy her but ive never seen the attraction.
    Living MY dream.
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    It was probably my chat-up line: "Don't struggle, I've got a knife".

She wrote to me in prison and the rest, as they say, is history. 8)
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Class.
    We met in Court, so that works as well.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    VTech wrote:

Have the officers from operation Yew Tree called around yet?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    markos1963 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Have the officers from operation Yew Tree called around yet?

:lol::lol::lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    You'd have to ask my better half what the real clincher was, but she has told me that when we first met she did think to herself "oh, look at the thighs."

I'm devilishly handsome and full of wit, so that might be a clue as well... :D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Mrs. grubb says she asks herself that every time she looks at me.
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    The missus tells me it's because she's never sobered up yet.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Chloroform
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    A gradual grinding down of her defences during lessons. Started seeing each other at 16. Still together 21 years later, married 16 yrs, 3 kids.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    If you don't go out with me I'll kill myself, after I've killed your cat.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Boyish good looks, wit, charm and intellect all played a part. But the deal was really sealed by my penis that is roughly the same size as a chubby baby's arm
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    This reminds me of our anniversary. It was just the other day. She asked me "Do you know what day this is?". "Of course I do, its our tenth anniversary" I replied. She said "Can you remember what you were thinking that first night we had together?". "Yep, exactly. I thought 'i'm going to lay you on the bed and suck your **** until I suck your brains right out' ". She said "...and what are you thinking now?". To which I replied "What a good job I must have done"
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    pauldavid wrote:
    Boyish good looks, wit, charm and intellect all played a part. But the deal was really sealed by my penis that is roughly the same size as a chubby baby's arm

just the one-poor lamb.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    Stockholm syndrome :D
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • eccles
    eccles Posts: 96
    I'm not sure really, I just remember first seeing her in a pub whilst I was sat in the corner licking my eyebrows :P
  • I asked the future Mrs Damage if she would carry my bottle of vodka to a party, then when we got there I insisted on finding a tv so I could watch an episode of Tour of Duty whilst ignoring her. She must have seen something promising in my rather bizarre chat up methods (truth is I was absolutely smitten by her!) as we got engaged 3 weeks later and have been married for 16 years.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    eccles wrote:
    I'm not sure really, I just remember first seeing her in a pub whilst I was sat in the corner licking my eyebrows :P

Which he keeps in a box :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I asked the future Mrs Damage if she would carry my bottle of vodka to a party, then when we got there I insisted on finding a tv so I could watch an episode of Tour of Duty whilst ignoring her. She must have seen something promising in my rather bizarre chat up methods (truth is I was absolutely smitten by her!) as we got engaged 3 weeks later and have been married for 16 years.

Tour of Duty,i always enjoyed it and it was funny to hear of it again via that story.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Feck knows, been trying to work it out for the past 20 years. I think she saw me as a project! She reckons I was tall, dark and handsome. I was certainly the first two but I think she's taking the p*ss on the third and I'm not even dark anymore. Still, she's stuck with me now so that will teach her not to be so rash :lol:
  • discurio
    discurio Posts: 118
    Handlebar moustache, and i chose futurama as being funnier than the simpsons.
    I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    ...if I'm honest, the sort of behaviour which would probably get the Saville police knocking on my door if I was a celeb accused of unsavoury acts with adult co-workers....."he groped me on the dancefloor back in 1997, please ruin his life...."

:mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    We met when she kept trying to get me to go out with her best mate,I didn,t like her mate so I said I,d rather go out with you,to which she replied ok.Her mate wasn,t best pleased but 32 years later,4 kids and 4 grand kids it seems a wise choice.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Invited her to Old Trafford, plonked her in a seat. Went off to another part of the Stretford end to sit in my seat and we won the game.

After a season long repetition of this procedure, she turned into a very rare female specimen - a woman who understands the offside rule. In showing this depth of knowledge and understanding, I advised her that she had "made the grade" and we now have 3 kids, a happy marriage and some educated and well informed discussions after watching MOTD.