Any ifo on Polocini B@stard 2013

Hi i have just signed myself up for my first organised event and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this event anything would be appreciated ? :wink:
2011 Cube Streamer Ultegra Mavic Ksyrium Elite
2010 Ridley Damocles & Campag Record Fulcrum R3's

Comments

• rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Search this forum. Pretty sure there was a thread on it last year.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    PaulHass wrote:
    Hi i have just signed myself up for my first organised event and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this event anything would be appreciated ? :wink:

I've done it myself - rode it last year, and am doing so again this year (I get free entry as i'm doing the Polocini France Ride in the summer).

Al (Mr Polocini) likes a hill or two - so you're in for a lovely climb up around the Saddleworth Moor area and also up Holme Moss. The descents are fun - but the final big climb up out of Glossop not so fun if you do what I did and average 25mph+ for miles along the banks of the reservoirs before hitting the town - so once over Holme Moss, dont think its all easy from there. :lol:

Anything else you'd like to know particularly?
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    After the big climb out of Glossop - called Chunal - it's about a mile of dead straight 1 in 9/10, you head over to Charlesworth and into Broadbottom, where the B'stard is - Gorsey Brow.

A nice steep 1 in 4/1 in 5 that gets steeper - just a few miles before the end, so you'll be knackered.
  • And the really steep bit of Gorsey Brow is nearly always damp. 30%, you have a choice of sitting in the saddle and pulling wheelies or getting out of the saddle and the back wheel slipping.
    Hope for a dry, warm day...otherwise be ready to get off and push :lol:
  • Wardster00
    Wardster00 Posts: 143
    I'm also thinking of doing this based on good things that I have heard about Polocini events.

Are the good things that I have heard correct? It certainly looks the business on their website.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,831
    Wardster00 wrote:
    I'm also thinking of doing this based on good things that I have heard about Polocini events.

Are the good things that I have heard correct? It certainly looks the business on their website.

Enter it! AL puts on the best sportives, the best value for money. You'll have a great day. Just be warned that AL likes hills.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****