Emergency Contact Card

woodyonthebeach
woodyonthebeach Posts: 583
edited April 2013 in Commuting general
Hello,

Had a break now I'm back.

I did have a quick search through the forum about this but didn't have much luck. In the past I did carry a USB stick with kind of information but I doubt it would be of any use as you would need a laptop around to read it obviously.

I was wondering if anybody displays emergency contact information anywhere on either bike or person. Where they are Stickers on the helmet or frame.

If you do what do you use or do you just for for the old fashioned sticky tape on top of some paper with the details shown.
The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Have a road ID myself with contact info on.

Did look at the digital version but was put off by a report I read from the NHS that they might not have the time, skill, computer access to take it off your wrist and log into the system to find out your data.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 367
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the links - they're good ideas.

I normally carry my driving license (for ID) and a bit of emergency cash. Forgot both on Sunday and had the horrible feeling that if I was hit by a car no-one would have a clue who I was.

I have an allergy to penicillin so should probably have that noted somewhere on my person too!

In the event of an accident where you're removed by ambulance, I would assume they leave the bike by the side of the road so putting your details on your bike probably wouldn't work (?).
  • danlikesbikes
    edited April 2013
    Road ID are quite good & relatively cheap, however when you buy one they then send you a discount to forward to others to get a discount on their purchase. Sure if you ask nicely someone will post their code to save you a bit more off the price.

Good thing with them is you can type what you want so easy to add medical allergies
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Thanks for the links. I will have to check them out.

The main reason why I ask this is that I am allergic to Aspirin so like pinkteapot I should really carry something with to indicate this.
    pinkteapot wrote:
    I have an allergy to penicillin so should probably have that noted somewhere on my person too!
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • pinkteapot
    Just creating a RoadID wristband and putting "penicillin allergy" on the last line.

So long as my arm hasn't been ripped off, I'll be ok. If it has been, the hospital accidentally giving me penicillin will probably be the least of my worries.
  • danlikesbikes
    pinkteapot wrote:
    Just creating a RoadID wristband and putting "penicillin allergy" on the last line.

So long as my arm hasn't been ripped off, I'll be ok. If it has been, the hospital accidentally giving me penicillin will probably be the least of my worries.

Thats the attitude!
  • pinkteapot
    Timely thread - there was a cyclist being tended to by paramedics at the station this morning, and a car driver in floods of tears. :(
  • pinkteapot
    I ordered a RoadID (http://www.roadid.com). Just got a voucher code that can be used up to 20 times in the next 30 days. Only gives $1 off but if anyone's ordering anyway feel free to use it:

Discount code: ThanksSarah26116114