entry level road bike

gavlaaa9
gavlaaa9 Posts: 6
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
hi guys, im pretty new to all of this so just looking some advice. looking at entry level bikes at the moment, due to my missus being due to give birth in a few weeks my budget isnt much, looking at around £300. can anyone give me any suggestions? so far ive been looking at the following....

http://www.onyourbike.co.uk/index.php?m ... ts_id=1355

and

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-red ... 74036.html

also size wise.... im 6ft2, so am i right in thinknig im looking at a 60-62cm frame??

any ideas and advice welcome!

Cheers, Gav

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The Triban 3 always seems to get the thumbs up on here, personally I've not ridden one but they certainly seem good value for the money and there are lots of threads on here recommending them.

Good luck with getting out on the bike once little one arrives by the way :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinchez
    pinchez Posts: 76
    For £300 or less its Always going to be the Triban 3. It also has carbon forks, the other bike is steal.

Save yourself a lot of searching and going round in circles and buy the Triban ;)
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Triban 3-had a look at one myself this week and its a sound buy for overall use.Sell it on when you upgrade or keep for winter use.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • gavlaaa9
    gavlaaa9 Posts: 6
    thanks guys, looks like the triban 3 it is :)

haha yeah i know time is going to be hard to come by once the baby arrives but il make it work :?
  • Make sure you order the £299 Red version, not the White which is slightly cheaper but has a downgraded spec. And buy soon as the Red version is being discontinued.

60cm sounds about right, but if there's a store near you then go and sit on both before you decide. I'm 5'10 and have a 57cm.