Felt F5 Iam in L o v e

Weedell
Weedell Posts: 3
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
So My name is dell, Iam very new to all this,

So Iam an Irish girl living in Australia & I love cycling...... just been cycling on the wrong bike for tooo long {mountain bike}

Ive just purchased my first road bike 3 nights ago, A Felt F5 carbon bike with 105 running gear & ultegra rims etc etc ........... {Iam not going to pretend i know what am talking about cause i dont hehe :P} & yes I've been glued to my bike since.

Really joined here to learn & get the best advice that i can from you guys. :)

So Hello Everyone :D

Iam Training for a 200k cycle for conquer cancer, this will be the first time I've ever taken part in anything sport related but I am very dedicated to it & love my training sessions, basically cant wait to get outta work to start lol

Comments

• Hi, its awesome isnt it. Just joined the road club myself and broke 50 miles for the first time yesterday.

I like you dont have a clue what im talking about but hey!
  • Weedell
    Weedell Posts: 3
    Hi, its awesome isnt it. Just joined the road club myself and broke 50 miles for the first time yesterday.

I like you dont have a clue what im talking about but hey!

Well done you! God I am no were near that stage but am working on it! :) Planning to join my local club but just kinda afraid ill not be good enough cause am "beginner beginner", but hey everyone has to start somewhere i suppose. Finding it hard to get my eating right at the minute & I've been reading so much i don't know where to start now.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Stop reading so much and cycle more :wink:
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Weedell wrote:
    Finding it hard to get my eating right at the minute & I've been reading so much i don't know where to start now.

Tip 1: Eat food

Tip 2: Push the pedals round and round

Tip 3: Don't read too much to start with, just get used to the bike, gradually increasing the time you spend on the bike each ride, it's that simple to start with.

;)
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Great bike BTW.

Joining a club is a good way to go, but don't put it off and feel that you need to be fit/fast to join. Just do your research and look for a club that do intro or novice rides and you will soon get your fitness up.

As for food keep it simple really as you would if you were going swimming or for a run, don't over complicate things just because its a bike your going on. Eat well before your ride with keep it sensible depending on what time of day your going. Take a couple of water bottles to drink & carry some food for a ride of over 1-2 hours, personally for me fig rolls, flapjack, bananas, figs take your pick really.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.