Is it wrong to put Shimano Pedals on a Campag equipped bike?

SMAC19
SMAC19 Posts: 31
edited April 2013 in Road general
May seem a nonsense question, to some. But I feel kind of dis-loyal putting Shimano pedals onto my Campagnolo equipped bike. I'm currently running LOOK Keo 2 Max's that have been somewhat problematic, so I am looking to change. Thoughts anyone.
Rose XEON CRS5000

Comments

• Seems a trivial issue, but you have to go Look :wink:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • stinger53
    stinger53 Posts: 135
    dont see why not i have shimano pedals on a campag bike even tho my chainset is a carbon pro race
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    They're pedals. Put whatever floats your boat on it.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Out of interest, what is the problem with the Looks?
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Seems wrong. Think you have to go Look or Time, none of that Speedplay rubbish. :P
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    I'm a Campag man through and through. But I have Shimano pedals - i find their design and the cleat design great for me.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Yes it is wrong, you have to have Campag pedals on a Campag bike.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    No its not wrong its your bike set it up how you want, If it was up to others you would also have Campag wheels not another brand.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    Yes it's wrong. Those poor shimano pedals deserve much better.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I thought the same as you and have a large collection of Campag pro-fit pedals, however once I tried the LOOK Blades then I changed all my bikes over and will never go back, they are simply so comfortable and positive locking in the 16nm.

Putting Shameano (SIC) onto a Campag bike devalues it :roll: :shock: :mrgreen:
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Strith wrote:
    Yes it's wrong. Those poor shimano pedals deserve much better.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::D
  • If you ride your bike more than you look at it, no-one need know. ;)
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    If you ride your bike more than you look at it, no-one need know. ;)

But saying that - this is BikeRadar........ and how it looks and what stickers it has on it are more important than how it works!! :lol:

Saying that - if you put Shimano pedals on a Campag bike, somewhere in the world a fluffy kitten will be killed. Can you live with the guilt OP?? :o:o :?:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I have Campag on my bike with an FSA chainset, Shimano pedals and Fulcrum wheels!!

I'm sure the BikeRadar police will now be hunting me down for this most heinous crime :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    arran77 wrote:
    I have Campag on my bike with an FSA chainset, Shimano pedals and Fulcrum wheels!!

I'm sure the BikeRadar police will now be hunting me down for this most heinous crime :P

Fulcrum wheels are Campag anyway so we'll allow you that one
  • arran77
    gavbarron wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Fulcrum wheels are Campag anyway so we'll allow you that one

Thanks, most kind :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    I have Shimano pedals on my Campag equipped Italian frame and I feel dirty.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    I have Shimano full Group set (including pedals) on my Italian frame and have no issues with it.

Just fit what works for you and to hell with it.

I mean just because you wear Gucci underpants does not mean you can not wear Ralph Lauren socks does it :-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • arran77
    smidsy wrote:
    I have Shimano full Group set (including pedals) on my Italian frame and have no issues with it.

Stone him :wink: :P

seanoconn
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Velonutter wrote:
    I thought the same as you and have a large collection of Campag pro-fit pedals, however once I tried the LOOK Blades then I changed all my bikes over and will never go back, they are simply so comfortable and positive locking in the 16nm.

+1 I've got the Keo carbon blade pedals in 16nM and they are very positive and comfortable. Got the Keo classics on the old 531 and they're alot more problematic getting in/out.

8180747078_1e9e98fab6_h.jpg
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Campagnolo pedals aren't too good, so not too heinous crime, but I'm a confirmed Time user.

Shimanos are just a copy of Looks, both suffer from rubbish cleat wear IMO.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    drlodge wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:

+1 I've got the Keo carbon blade pedals in 16nM and they are very positive and comfortable. Got the Keo classics on the old 531 and they're alot more problematic getting in/out.

8180747078_1e9e98fab6_h.jpg

Don't listen to him. He looks like he's wearing Ron Hills, on a bike :wink:
  • arran77 wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

Stone him :wink: :P

You could stone Cippollini as well for the same crime, while you're at it. He might throw a bidon at you though. :lol:
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    you will have a least one component that will wear out prematurely. :|
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Yes its wrong. I have Shimano on my mountain bikes and that is bad enough, actually having Shimano pedals on a Campag road bike - noooooooo!!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I had Shimano pedals on a Campy equipped bike a while back. Lost or placed very poorly in every race I entered. Switched to Campy pedals and have been on the podium at every race since.
  • edten
    edten Posts: 228
    smidsy wrote:

Just fit what works for you and to hell with it.

I mean just because you wear Gucci underpants does not mean you can not wear Ralph Lauren socks does it :-)

I think a better comparison would be wearing Gucci underpants with UniGLo socks.