Deeside Thistle sportive

Focus-rider
Focus-rider Posts: 126
Anyone entered for the deeside thistle sportive this year in may? Just signed up yesterday so better start geting some miles in. :roll: Heading over from aberdeen so might be good to ride round with someone as doing it on my own this year.

Comments

• It's the week after the Etape C, may do the 100k ( the 100M looks a monster - gairnsheil, Lecht and the cabrach :shock: )

I'm in Aberdeen too, so will keep a look out on here for your updates
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Focus-rider
    100mile route does indeed look like a killer, even the 100km which im signed up for looks a bit of a brute with 1800ft of climbing in the sapace of about 15 mile, infact the first 30 miles is all uphill. Going to be fun i think. Wasnt able to get onto etape this year which was annoying as i did it last year in the gales and heavy rain.
    looking forward to this though as i know the route so if i die then it will atleast be in a nice place. :D let me know if you decide to enter, might make it a touch easier.
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    Got a link to it ?
  • Focus-rider
    received an email from the organisers the other day asking about predicted finish times for group placement. There seems to still be plenty of space on it so cant see it being an issue registering last minute. Anyone on here done it before? If the weather is decent it should be a good course. :D