Heres a Wirral challenge for help.........

Toe knee
Toe knee Posts: 525
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
For someone..!

Who would consider taking me , tony , nearly 48 , 15 st, , for rides / training / under there wing / , in order to do a Jogle in 2015, My 50 th year in aid of Claire house children's hospice, I've just received an e-mail back off the fundraiser to meet up and discuss the ride. I have been unable to ride for 5 weeks due to back injury in work, but not bad now. So who's up for this ?
Please see recent jogle bike threads for more info .

Thanks a lot

Tony.

Comments

• Depending on when you can ride, i don't mind helping out, pm me
    Look 675 Light Di2
    Boardman Pro C winter hack
    Cannondale Prophet
    Decathlon Hub geared City bike
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Where are you located? There's a group that goes mid week from Greasby. Everyone welcome.
  • Toe knee
    Hi anto164 I'm located in rock ferry, is that pale fish cc you ride with ?
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Yes its Palefish he rides with Tony. Me too - was out with them this evening. They did around 28 windy miles earlier
  • Toe knee
    E..r..r..r..m, I would look like a pale fish if I did 28 miles at the moment, I had just got myself upto 10 miles before my set back with my back, now 5 weeks later I'm back ( no pun intended ) to square one, don't think the set up on the bike helped, I took it to my LBS ( wheelbase ) and he said my position on the bike was like I was riding a hybrid, so I'm taking it in this morning so that he can swap the spacers round for me, hopefully reducing the weight been put on my back.

Mmm, as for the riding with paleface , I would love to ride with them at some point, but at the moment I would not feel capable of doing the mileage that they do, but the offer is greatly appreciated thank you.

Maybe I should have made my progress a little more obvious in the original post, so maybe someone around my level ,and building the miles up like myself would like to come for rides with me, I'm not a person who would turn up for a club ride, and then spoil everyone's enjoyment buy them waiting for a huffing puffing newbie all through the ride.

Thanks for the replies

Tony :D