Anyone used Time ATACs?

tgotb
tgotb Posts: 4,714
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
Thinking of switching from SPD to ATAC for cyclocross. I'm happy with SPDs in general, but have had issues with them clogging in CX races. Anyone have any feedback on the ATACs (even in general use)?
Pannier, 120rpm.

Comments

• Barteos
    Barteos Posts: 657
    Over 3 years of use - basic Aliums - road/commuting and MTBing - NO problems of any kind, mud or dry.
  • Subaqua
    Subaqua Posts: 73
    Have them on my road bike and the garage queen MTB. Actually find them easier to clip in & out than SPD-SL and feel more secure, though it "feel" like the contact patch is smaller, although of course the contact patch is really the sole of the shoe.

Switching back to SLs on the roadie I think... if you fancy a set of carbons with 1000 miles on them or an almost new set of standards for a few beer tokens
    Black Pearson Imnotanumber- FCN 4
    Blue Marin Team Issue MTB - FCN around 30
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Thanks, I'll drop you a PM...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Yes, have used a variety of Time pedals (Cyclo, ATAC, RXS) for commuting and long rides and found them all to be robust, comfortable and easy to use. One thing you'll find they all have is lots of knee friendly float.
  • exlaser
    exlaser Posts: 264
    i have used them on my road and mountain bikes for the last six years and found them to be great pedals. as has already been said they are strong, reliable,comfortable and easy to clip in to.

but a must say the main reason i use them is the fact i have bad knees( too much sailing), so the amount of float is a life saver! :D
    Van Nicholas Ventus
    Rose Xeon RS
  • Underscore
    Underscore Posts: 730
    I've got Aliums on my commuter and my MTB and Rocs on my road bike and have been more than happy with them. Furthermore, I have some bushing wear on my commuting pedals and I was able to buy replacement bushings rather than a new set of pedals... now I just need to get round to fitting them!

_
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Use them on the MTB (and road ones on the roadie, but i confess that's only because they were stunningly cheap!). Had a set running for years through all conditions and they ve been great. Don't remember them ever clogging any more than a quick stamp will sort out...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver