Light but tough gravity saddle

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited April 2013 in MTB buying advice
Ayup you sexy people. Have been using a 165g Selle Italia SLR on the Voltage but it's getting pretty messed up now - any suggestions for a light (< 200g) but tough gravity saddle?

Cheers

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have one of these, seems to be pretty solid and not too expensive.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=60728
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Those Nukeproof's are good if you are on a budget but the SDG Ti/I Fly is far better for gravity IMO. Lighter and less in the way. The Nukeproof is comfier though which is why I use a Nukeproof on my Marin and Rigid and an I Fly on the Rocky. IIRC the I Fly is lighter than the Ti Fly but needs an I Beam seatpost.

The other advantage with the I Fly is that even if you do manage to damage the cover (I never have) you can just remove it and still use the base of the saddle. I know a few people who have done it, wether it was to save weight or because they damaged it I don't know know but it worked for them. I've got one that's over 2 years old and it's still perfectly fine, there's a little bit of rub to the tip of the saddle from pedaling but you can't see it unless you look closely. Not bad considering that's been used on the DH and AM bikes regularly up until very recently.