Lock-ring

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
The lock - ring on my rear Hub (shimano xt centre -lock) is knackered, it keeps coming loose, it wasnt new when I put it on! its the Rotor side as opposed to the cassette side.

I probably need to clean out the threads and re-tighten. But just in case it is fooked, does anyone have any lying around in their spares box that they dont mind sending to a new home?

These are the same lockrings that come with shimano cassettes, so I am sure someone has one lying about.

Just think of the karma points.

Pm if you can help.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    rubertoe wrote:
    The lock - ring on my rear Hub (shimano xt centre -lock) is knackered, it keeps coming loose, it wasnt new when I put it on! its the Rotor side as opposed to the cassette side.

I probably need to clean out the threads and re-tighten. But just in case it is fooked, does anyone have any lying around in their spares box that they dont mind sending to a new home?

These are the same lockrings that come with shimano cassettes, so I am sure someone has one lying about.

Just think of the karma points.

Pm if you can help.

I'll check tonight but I'm fairly sure I do.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not really the right section. there is a Wanted area.

be aware that 11T lockrings are too small.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    nicklouse wrote:
    not really the right section. there is a Wanted area.

be aware that 11T lockrings are too small.

Sorry, my bad.

Thanks for the heads up on the 11t, I wasnt sure!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    If only you were running Campagnolo with an 11 sprocket...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/