My Storck Scenero G2 *Update*

ellotreacle
ellotreacle Posts: 76
edited July 2013 in Your road bikes
This time last year I realised that I needed to get fit again!! So started running, but my knees couldn't take the impact of pounding on the roads, so I dusted off my mountain bike and went out for a ride, I couldn't believe how much more enjoyable it was over running. So not knowing if I would keep up this new fitness regime, I bought myself a second hand Giant Defy 3 to make sure as well as not spending too much money, and to be honest the rest is history, I was hooked.

I wanted a bike that most importantly I liked the look of, and was great to ride. But at the same time I wanted to be different, I didn't want to follow suit and have the same bike as everybody else out there, but I also had a budget that I had to take in to account and get what I wanted.

So here it is my Storck Scenero G2
Be kind!!! :lol:

95f3b35d-fa13-4d77-8ddd-c4ec55d01bc8_zps9eec8466.jpg

Finally managed to save up and put some better looking wheels on, went for the Zipp 60 as would have been saving for ages for the 404's. :lol:
Cant wait to get out tomorrow morning and try them out.
Yes I'm probably bias, but I now think my bike looks sexy. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

IMG_2248_zpsefacb465.jpg

a couple of other images(links)
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s64 ... 354216.jpg
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s64 ... b69015.jpg
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s64 ... acb465.jpg

Frame: Storck Scenero G2
Forks: Stiletto Areo
Bars: FSA SL-K compact carbon
Stem: FSA SL-K
Bar Tape: Lizzard skin (black)

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra
Front Caliper: Shimano Ultegra
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra
Rear Caliper: Shimano Ultegra

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra
Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra
Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra

Seat: Storck prologo
Seat Post: FSA SL-K carbon
Chainring(s): Shimano Ultegra 53/39 175mm
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 12/27
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra carbon
Wheels: Fulcrum racing 3. Now Zipp 60

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That looks fast :-) Pretty good OCP photo as well
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That's awesome! You know this is coming but it would look even better with some deep section wheels ;)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • OCD Alert - should have had the chain on the big dish but other than that...........nice 1!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    OCD Alert - should have had the chain on the big dish but other than that...........nice 1!
    I missed that, at least the chain is parallel like that though...
  • TKF
    TKF Posts: 279
    Very nice looking bike.

Doesn't look like there is much clearance at the rear there.
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    Lovely looking. How much more racy does it feel to the defy ?
  • Thanks for all the great comments, means a lot coming from you guys on here, and yes when I've save a bit more, I think you right about the wheels. :wink:
    TKF wrote:
    Very nice looking bike.

Doesn't look like there is much clearance at the rear there.

If you mean between the seat tube and wheel, it's 9mm think the pic is a bit deceiving as the crank arm is up on the other side, so makes it seem like it.
    Paul 8v wrote:
    OCD Alert - should have had the chain on the big dish but other than that...........nice 1!
    I missed that, at least the chain is parallel like that though...

I can't believe I missed that aswell should have read the OCP page better. :lol:

frazered wrote:
    Lovely looking. How much more racy does it feel to the defy ?

OMG it's so much more racing, stood up and attacked every hill as it just felt right, took it on a 75k route I'd done a couple of weeks ago and took 15mins off of my time, would have been more but had to keep slowing for the person I was out with, cause I was going too quick. :lol:
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Congrats ! that's a great looking bike.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Nice bike for sure! But you fogot to take the bar code sticker off the SL-K stem ;-)
  • Nice bike for sure! But you fogot to take the bar code sticker off the SL-K stem ;-)

I'm sure I read in the OCP to leave embarrassing bar codes on, so somebody can take the pi55. :lol:

Needless to say that it's not there now. :oops:
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    Great looking bike. I really like all the Storck bikes and you don't see too many off them. Yours look very fast! Did you get it from Lifecycle in Bildeston? as they have Storck there.
  • Kim10 wrote:
    Great looking bike. I really like all the Storck bikes and you don't see too many off them. Yours look very fast! Did you get it from Lifecycle in Bildeston? as they have Storck there.

Yes I did, they didn't have my frame size in stock (57cm) so had to wait sometime for it to come on a very slow boat from Germany :? They then built it up for me, great set of guys in there, would definitely recommend them 100%.
    To be honest not seeing too many of them around is one of many reasons I choose it. Maybe you don't see them around because they are so fast. :lol::lol:

Just can't wait to get out on a fast ride with some decent weather to really see what it can do.
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    Kim10 wrote:

Yes I did, they didn't have my frame size in stock (57cm) so had to wait sometime for it to come on a very slow boat from Germany :? They then built it up for me, great set of guys in there, would definitely recommend them 100%.
    To be honest not seeing too many of them around is one of many reasons I choose it. Maybe you don't see them around because they are so fast. :lol::lol:

Just can't wait to get out on a fast ride with some decent weather to really see what it can do.

Yes they are great guys at Lifecycle, I almost go there every time I need something.
    I will be looking out for you on my rides around Suffolk - you'll probably be the one overtaking me with great speed!! :lol:
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Love me some Storck. Very nice.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Finally managed to save up and put some better looking wheels on, went for the Zipp 60 as would have been saving for ages for the 404's. :lol:
    Cant wait to get out tomorrow morning and try them out.
    Yes I'm probably bias, but I now think my bike looks sexy. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

IMG_2248_zpsefacb465.jpg

a couple of other images(links)
    http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s64 ... 354216.jpg
    http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s64 ... b69015.jpg
    http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s64 ... acb465.jpg
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Oh yes. That looks bloody awesome.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.