Nukeproof Mega AM still a no show

Cookied
Cookied Posts: 16
edited April 2013 in MTB general
Evening All,

Back in February I ordered myself a Nukeproof Mega AM 2013 on the premise that it would be arriving this week. Yesterday the sad news landed that the manufacturers have delayed the delivery and it's another five weeks with no riding for me.

Is anyone else in the same boat? It kills me on the sunny weekends where all I should be doing it heading to the hills. Oh well, just have to sit tight and look forward to the end of May.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or buy a bike that's available.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Cookied
    Cookied Posts: 16
    cooldad wrote:
    Or buy a bike that's available.

Price was right. And too much faith in the dates.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I know people who have give up waiting for the Pulse and bought a Scalp instead. The Pulse is a long time overdue and has just become available.
    I would quite like a Mega TR, looks just the job for me.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    The Mega TR looks just the ticket to me too - definitely would like to try one.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • paul380
    paul380 Posts: 26
    I know people who have give up waiting for the Pulse and bought a Scalp instead

Kind of in the same way I gave up on the Mega TR and bought a Transition Bandit instead.
  • I am really interested in the Nukeproof TR but I am worried that I wouldt get it in time for July as I am off to 7 Stanes.

How are you finding the Transition Bandit?

From the geometry it seems to be quite a bit shorter than the Nukeproof, how did you find it when you first started riding it?
  • paul380
    paul380 Posts: 26
    davidgreen wrote:
    I am really interested in the Nukeproof TR but I am worried that I wouldt get it in time for July as I am off to 7 Stanes.

How are you finding the Transition Bandit?

From the geometry it seems to be quite a bit shorter than the Nukeproof, how did you find it when you first started riding it?

The bandit is a great frame and I frequently ride the 7 stanes on it. I have mine setup with offset shock bushing and a 150 fork so the HA is probably about 66-67 degrees.

Transition frames do come up a bit on the short side but unless your a giant or a dwarf you should get a frame to fit. I'm 5'10 and ride a medium with a 70mm stem if that helps.

Not many bad reviews out there of the bandit...........
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    The joys of ordering online, sure a LBS would have sorted you out with a temp bike while you wait...