David Millar

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited April 2013 in Pro race
What's he up to?

I think he got injured early in the season, and I believe he has a second child due sometime soon, but racing -wise he's been well below the radar. Not down for any Ardennes races or Romandy. Is he still racing?
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    pottssteve wrote:
    What's he up to?

I think he got injured early in the season, and I believe he has a second child due sometime soon, but racing -wise he's been well below the radar. Not down for any Ardennes races or Romandy. Is he still racing?

Been sick a fair amount so wrote off most of the Spring Classics. Thought he was down to ride the Giro, though jumping straight back into a GT without any warm ups sounds a bit on the demanding side. He did tweet a pic of training behind the old scooter yday...
  • Probably still telling people he's an 'ex-doper'....

zzzzz
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Probably still telling people he's an 'ex-doper'....

zzzzz

That Comment.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    pottssteve wrote:
    What's he up to?

I did wonder where he had been, since reading his book I've not seen him race once!
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Pretty sure he was at San Remo?
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Think RR is spot on following illness he is concentrating on the Giro/Tour.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Paul 8v wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    What's he up to?

I did wonder where he had been, since reading his book I've not seen him race once!

He was at P-N and MSR. Pitched up in Belgium at start of the cobbles but called it a day before long
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Ah, I did see MSR but didn't see him.
  • Probably still telling people he's an 'ex-doper'....

zzzzz

That Comment.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Leicester Lad?...not THE same Leicester lad that got taken in by my old mate Inside Info?? :-)

I bow to your 'superior' knowledge... :lol:
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    He tweeted a photo of him motor-pacing yesterday, so he is training for somethig
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872

zzzzz

He did actually tweet that he was doing that earlier in the season - maybe during Oman or Qatar? I do remember thinking that maybe doing some racing would be a good idea! :lol:
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361

zzzzz

He did actually tweet that he was doing that earlier in the season - maybe during Oman or Qatar? I do remember thinking that maybe doing some racing would be a good idea! :lol:

He also tweeted that he had got really sick and basically his classics was a write off and he was looking to the Giro

David Millar
    @millarmind

Start of the season a write off. Now Giro-Tour is the focus. Good to see @andrewtalansky & @DanMartin86 taking the reins of Garmin-Sharp.

04:40 PM - 25 Mar 13
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon