The worst family in Britain?

CambsNewbie
CambsNewbie Posts: 564
edited April 2013 in The cake stop
So.. One family, mother and four sons.

Eldest son Ryan (23) in prison for murder. Second oldest son Jordan (21) in prison for contempt of court (taking pictures of the trial of his youngest brothers on his phone in court). And now youngest sons, Connor (17) and Brandon (14) convicted killers.

Oh, and now Mum is in prison for perverting the course of justice in giving false alibis for her youngest.

Worst family in Britain?

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Thoroughly unpleasant to read about but I'm not a fan of tabloid style proclamations which sensationalise these events. I would however like to run a book on how many posts this thread gets before someone blames Thatcher.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Thoroughly unpleasant to read about but I'm not a fan of tabloid style proclamations which sensationalise these events. I would however like to run a book on how many posts this thread gets before someone blames Thatcher.

Im sure ill get the blame somewhere along the way :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    I blame Maggie for this....

....there you go!!!
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    They may be the worst family in Britain BUT whats even worse than that is if their house is left vacant cos they're all in the nick, it becomes exempt from council tax. Go figure.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    So you think its worse that a family, who are vacant from their property aren't paying about 1-2K to the coffers in CT is worse than being a bunch of murderers out to pervert the course of justice?
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    The Windsors. Parasites the lot of em.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    They'll get more tax pounds paid on them over the next few years than millions of honest benefit claiments ever will have.

Civilised society we may claim to be but our values seem to be a bit twisted.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech

What a moronic post.
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930

Has Eck worked out how much your brethren will have to contribute to the Royal Family if he gets a 'Yes' vote or will it be a Republic of Scotland?
  • When I saw the thread title, my first thought was of the Windsors and their kin too :twisted:
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    Well, you'd be intellectually bereft and economically illiterate if you thought the Royal Family were anything other than a money pit, so they win, but it speaks much of the judiciary that taking photos in a court would land you in prison.......
  • CambsNewbie
    pliptrot wrote:
    but it speaks much of the judiciary that taking photos in a court would land you in prison.......

So taking photos of jury members, judges, lawyers to put on Facebook or twitter or whatever is ok? If you were on the jury for a murder trial would you want one of the family of the defendants taking your photo?
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    :D:D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • thegreatdivide
    pliptrot wrote:
    Well, you'd be intellectually bereft and economically illiterate if you thought the Royal Family were anything other than a money pit, so they win, but it speaks much of the judiciary that taking photos in a court would land you in prison.......

Harsh. Very harsh :lol::lol:
  • thegreatdivide
    Ballysmate wrote:

Has Eck worked out how much your brethren will have to contribute to the Royal Family if he gets a 'Yes' vote or will it be a Republic of Scotland?

It’ll be a Republic and we’re going to turn Balmoral into a Laser Quest and fill the estate with static caravans/a Tesco.
  • VTech
    pliptrot wrote:

The royal family earn us billions. It isn't worth thinking about the losses if they were not here.
    Again, that's fact but I'm willing to read any proven literature that suggests otherwise.
    Living MY dream.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    pray tell how?

link us your evidence

i'll wait.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    pray tell how?

link us your evidence

i'll wait.

Well the cost for the royal family is estimated at around £40M with figures rounded up a bit. The treasury report of income from the crown estates latest figures suggest £200M, not sure on the exact figures for tourism which you would have to add on top but based on the first set of figures looks like good value for money to me.

Though do understand that its open to debate as to wether this should be included in the maths. Guess it depends on your point of view
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • VTech
    pray tell how?

link us your evidence

i'll wait.

I'm so glad you asked :)

Royal family cost us around £32,300,000 per year.
    Royal family bring to the UK £44,000,000,000 in tangible and non-tangible revenue streams.

It's laughable to suggest they cost us money. I have read reports that the average council tax would be doubled or more if we had no royalty.

People come to the UK as visitors mainly to see Stratford upon Avon, Tower of London, parliament and the palace. The Crown Jewels alone make nearly 1 billion alone !!!

http://business.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/2 ... y-its-way/
    Living MY dream.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Wouldn't the Crown Jewels, Palace etc still be there in the absence of the royal family? :?
  • VTech
    Yes but apparently not of the same Interest.
    Americans love our history which is what brings them here as visitors, the royal seal means guaranteed business so huge revenue to tax and export. The list goes on.

It's not really an important issue to me really, I was just proving a point to a rather poor taste comment earlier.
    I for one am happy to lay the 66p cost for the royal family in exchange for the benefits it brings the country.
    Living MY dream.
  • Frank the tank
    I'm no royalist but if we didn't have them, I'm pretty sure we'd replace them with some tin-pot jumped up celeb of some sort or w@nker of a politician who would cost just as much.
    Tail end Charlie

• CambsNewbie
    Are some people on here really saying the Windsors are worse than a family where three out of four sons are convicted killers?
  • VTech
    Are some people on here really saying the Windsors are worse than a family where three out of four sons are convicted killers?

Yes, it would seem that in the parallel world that is bike radar, a family who kill for fun are higher up he ladder than one of the leading sources of revenue to the UK.
    Living MY dream.
  • Frank the tank
    VTech wrote:
    Yes but apparently not of the same Interest.
    Americans love our history which is what brings them here as visitors, the royal seal means guaranteed business so huge revenue to tax and export. The list goes on.

It's not really an important issue to me really, I was just proving a point to a rather poor taste comment earlier.
    I for one am happy to lay the 66p cost for the royal family in exchange for the benefits it brings the country.
    Oi my owd, that jolly nice chap Hitler left Auchwits and several other places of interest for tourists to visit. The massive military cemetery's/memorials all over europe are a particular draw for tourists. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

• VTech
    I've visited he underground hospital in jersey. A very worthwhile trip.
    Living MY dream.
  • Are some people on here really saying the Windsors are worse than a family where three out of four sons are convicted killers?

indeed the rabid left it seems. the very same who would give the initial family this was about unlimited benefits make the victims apologise to them and give them lovely furnished prison cells with all mod cons too no doubt!!! :shock:
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    The royal family may bring money to certain parts of London, but what do they do for the rest of the UK, like the poor struggling in a council estate in Glasgow? I'm sure other countries like China, France, Germany and USA do not need a royal family to bring in money.

What annoys me about the royal family is the bunch of inbred Germans were not even democratically elected.

The current lot are not murderers but how did their ancestors get to power, get rich and take over land?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • thegreatdivide

indeed the rabid left it seems. the very same who would give the initial family this was about unlimited benefits make the victims apologise to them and give them lovely furnished prison cells with all mod cons too no doubt!!! :shock:

Erm, if you’re referring to me I think you’ll find that I’m a nationalist. A Scottish Nationalist, who doesn’t give a flying fuxk about the Royal Family.

I’m quite happy to let you right wingers fly your St George flags, bless the Queen Mum, read the Daily Reich and sneer at folk with ‘dodgy accents’ or at their low incomes.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Ballysmate wrote:

It’ll be a Republic and we’re going to turn Balmoral into a Laser Quest and fill the estate with static caravans/a Tesco.

Rab C, for President :lol: