Frame pump for MTB and Road tyres

chedabob
chedabob Posts: 1,133
edited April 2013 in Commuting general
My commuter bike has 700x23c tyres, but my MTB has 26x2.3 tyres. I've got two pumps at the moment, and they're both poor (some unbranded high volume one for the MTB, and a Bontrager Air Support Mini for the Road), so I'm looking at replacing them.

The Topeak Morph series are highly rated, but they don't do a combined pump and I don't really want to shell out £55+ on two pumps. Is there a better alternative? Or could I get away with the Road Morph for pumping up the MTB tyres? I don't mind it taking twice as long, as that's a damn sight easier than trying to get road tyres up to 70 psi with a MTB pump.

Comments

• gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    you can change the valve seats in the topeak series to fit both presta and schrader, it's a bit of a faff if your hands are cold but not that much of a problem.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    rubertoe wrote:

I'll give that a go. Thanks :D

@gbsahne: It's not the valve head that's the issue as I use Presta on both and I've got a couple of the brass adaptors. I was more concerned with a road pump not being able to shift the volume necessary for a MTB tyre
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    OK, I found the road morph more than adequate for the MTB. The biggest problem I had was getting enough frame mounting brackets for the bikes I have. This ended when the Road morph died and CRC supplied a new one under warranty and then I bought a mountain morph for the MTB as I got fed up swapping the heads over from presta to schrader and vice versa.