Epic Adventure...

felix.london
felix.london Posts: 4,067
edited May 2013 in MTB general
This is a really great and inspiring film. If you're not riding this will definitely be the best 17mins you have today. Just makes you wanna ride!

http://thehairyrider.com/2013/04/15/the-haute-route/
"Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Wow.

Just, wow.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Man EVERYTHING is blocked here!!! :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • felix.london
    ddraver wrote:

If you click the second link under the video player "And check out words from the film maker here" it should take you to the source link (Pinkbike) - you should be able to watch it from there if the Youtube version on my site isn't playing ball

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    Clank wrote:
    Wow.

Just, wow.

Awesome hey?

Trek Session 8
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Clank wrote:
    Wow.

Just, wow.

Awesome hey?

oh yeah.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:

If you click the second link under the video player "And check out words from the film maker here" it should take you to the source link (Pinkbike) - you should be able to watch it from there if the Youtube version on my site isn't playing ball

Nope, clearly cycling websites are hotbeds of internet evilry in Algeria... :(

Remind me in 3 weeks when I'm back :P
    - @ddraver
  • I had the utmost respect for the guy.... Until I saw him using an apple computer.

Wish I had some terrain like that near me though, not that I could make the first climb.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Watched this a few days ago, looks awesome! I'd love to get out into the alps on an AM bike and find some of those lush singletrack descents, but as it stands I can only afford one trip a year, so I'd rather stick to the downhill bike and the lift accessed trails!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ddraver
    Remembered this now I'm back! Awesome! Walked the Haute Route with my parents back when I was a nipper (and probably too in the moody teenage stage to appreciate it). Looked like they followed the Ski Route rather than the walking route but some of the passes and valleys are the same. Brought back some memories...

Man it would be brilliant to do something like that! (although 3hrs walking up hill with a bike on your back would be a mission!). I ve had a bit of an emotional evening so even the wanky/inspirational words struck home tonight!

(Shame I can't speak german though)
    - @ddraver