Ride naked for Spring

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
Well - that's what it felt like :D

My first day in shorts this year, and a short sleeved top. Not being in multiple layers when setting off and bimbling along the roads was WEIRD.

Gonna pay for that awesome tailwind on the way home though, but I don't care! :D:D
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    I know the feeling!! Friday after work I went for a spin. No jacket! Just a top, bibs and thin overtights (Which I didnt need!)

Only problem was the wind was savage and I picked the wrong direction to do my loop as I was assisted for half way and the last half was horrid with the wind. I usually like to put the effort in fresh and then have some assistance coming back.

Good though :) Then it rained hard on Saturday :(
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I discarded the Thermo Jacket and thermo jersey for the 2nd time this year!

Still had bib longs mind (bit fresh at 6 am), but have shorts packed for the return, tailwind assisted, home leg.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    rubertoe wrote:
    I discarded the Thermo Jacket and thermo jersey for the 2nd time this year!

Still had bib longs mind (bit fresh at 6 am), but have shorts packed for the return, tailwind assisted, home leg.

Thermo jacket was discarded a few weeks ago and am now in 3/4 with LS running top; may be shorts by the end of the week. Winter boots have been swapped for MTB shoes. Long finger clothes still, although I suspect these will go during the week.
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Couldn't agree more!!!!

Welcome home you wet and mild SW, although it won't be long before we're moaning about being wet rather than cold ;)
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    I thought this was a thread about the WNBR
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    First T-shirt ride was Friday - too windy for times, today I set 5 Strava PR's (out of 8 segments on my commute) and felt great.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • First T-shirt ride was Friday - too windy for times, today I set 5 Strava PR's (out of 8 segments on my commute) and felt great.....

lets hope the wind dies down for later then! :wink:

I got a failry mild ride in today, should have ditched the legwarmers really. First day I've ridden in without a jacket for a very long time. Lets hope the rain stays away now. :D
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Set off this morning in light weight long sleeve jersery and bib shorts. 20mins in and I wish I'd gone short sleeve jersey. Plus I was awesome this morning. Hope the journey home is just as nice. However, sitting here looking out of a 14th Floor window in docklands it now locks grey dull and miserable, like Watford.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5