Windy Monday...

2»

Comments

• clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    oh, Cardiffs got nothing on some places in the valleys for a dodgy night among the angry and very orange. I ended up in Newport (first mistake) a few years back as a first after I'd come back from Vietnam and sure enough someone tried to start a fight with me. That was depressing and boy, has Newport gone downhill in the last eight years. It says something when you'd rather go out in Risca than head back there. Alas, the days of TJ's, V3 and OTT are long gone.

Cardiff is ok though - there are enough decent places to g where you can avoid the mentalists and valley commandos. I have a mate who has a depressing penchant for the Lava Lounge. Can't say that I share his enthusiasm for it, but he's shacked up with someone now so happily I can avoid going there for the foreseeable.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    See i used to have far more problems in cardiff than Newport in my time..

But i would avoid both to be fair :D
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Omg I lived in Newport for three years and in that time never went out there once. Too scared. However this year I was taken on a night out with he who shall not be named and his idea of a good night out was Meze in Newport. That was quite an experience.

We regularly have a house full of Aberdare footballers getting ready for night out as the housemates boyfriend is from there. Need sunglasses for the orange glow and a translator otherwise I just look at them blankly.

Lava Lounge is one place I have so far managed to avoid. Shame I cannot say the same about Glam - never going there again.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I used to go out in Newport every week. Only had the usual problems you could get in any town. I was on tv though breaking up a fight :lol: I went out there a few months back and it's a crap hole. The problem there now is 1 guy pretty much owns all the big bars/clubs so they're all the same quality (cheesey crap)

I used to love tj's and the cotton club when I was a lad :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    That was a bloody awful ride home :( windy as ferk, struggled to do 12mph at some points. Took 2hrs 15 mins
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    matthew h wrote:
    That was a bloody awful ride home :( windy as ferk, struggled to do 12mph at some points. Took 2hrs 15 mins
    That's about my average speed on the commute in :oops: (though with about 40 sets of traffic lights to get through). Must remember to have my 3 Weetabix before I pedal in tomorrow am...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    That's about my average speed on the commute in :oops: (though with about 40 sets of traffic lights to get through). Must remember to have my 3 Weetabix before I pedal in tomorrow am...

Country lanes for 32 miles, then a few sets of lights for 3 miles as I cross Chester :D