Ding Dong #2

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited April 2013 in The bottom bracket
Not wishing to start another should they shouldnt they thread - more this - have a listen to the newsbeat story, its only short - here

I've not listened to radio one for ages - but honestly it sounds like the item was written to appeal to 6 year olds - I know people have complained about dumbing down - but jinkies - this takes the raisen :lol::lol:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Not wishing to start another should they shouldnt they thread - more this - have a listen to the newsbeat story, its only short - here

I've not listened to radio one for ages - but honestly it sounds like the item was written to appeal to 6 year olds - I know people have complained about dumbing down - but jinkies - this takes the raisen :lol::lol:

Radio 1 has really gone down hill - their average listener age was something like 32.. so they dumped Chris Moyles, brought in a different idiot, and juggled around a few of the other DJs to try and appeal to a younger audience.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Ah, the perennial "Radio 1 has gone to the dogs" gripe! Strangely enough it usually coincides with the griper growing up, although clearly not in Cleat's case.

To put it in black and white:

There never was a golden age of radio 1 - it has always been crap, it always will be, its official BBC remit is to be crap.

What I want to know is: where do they train the DJs to talk in that Radio 1 accent - you know, the one that you can recognise instantly as Radio 1 should you accidentally tune in (handy warning at least), and which sounds the same whether the DJ comes from London, Birmingham, Glasgow or presumably Ulaanbaatar?
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    bompington wrote:
    Ah, the perennial "Radio 1 has gone to the dogs" gripe! Strangely enough it usually coincides with the griper growing up, although clearly not in Cleat's case.

To put it in black and white:

There never was a golden age of radio 1 - it has always been crap, it always will be, its official BBC remit is to be crap.

What I want to know is: where do they train the DJs to talk in that Radio 1 accent - you know, the one that you can recognise instantly as Radio 1 should you accidentally tune in (handy warning at least), and which sounds the same whether the DJ comes from London, Birmingham, Glasgow or presumably Ulaanbaatar?

Its a better accent then the 'radio voice' you'll get anywhere else.
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I thought the Newsbeat story was excellent.

In that short time they pointed out that some people supported Thatcher and some people didn't. They also pointed out that some people agreed with the song being played and some people didn't. Also at the end they had a lovely jingle to remind the listener that it was Radio 1 that was being listened to.

Before listening to this broadcast I was unaware of why such bad feeling existed between the two sides. It's now crystal clear. Well done BBC! I'm 39.
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Keep the Faith! Radio 2.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Im VERY happy that the losers who tried to get to the top of the charts with this idiocy have ended up losers.
    Its pleasantly ironic :)
    Living MY dream.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Haha it does indeed seem to be laced with a tone of some description, and its good it makes you happy- but the greater irony is that a generation have now been introduced to a song that celebrates the death of humanities misguided and repressive core beliefs from a film that charts mans journey to universal consciousness.

The irony of course is that the 'belief' that Margaret Roberts encapsulated a dogma of unflinching trust in an ideology of self has led to a nation unwittingly being exposed to, perhaps the first time, the realisation that they are, brothers and sisters all one; and that their majesty of being cannot be cowed by time or dogma.

So I would argue rather than 'losers' they have gained a victory of benefit to all - a universal benefit - haha - I love the unfolding of the soul :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I wondered if this was going to be about Avon calling,i see Vtech is from Stratford Upon Avon so that's close enough.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    and there I was expecting this chap to turn up...

article-1052851-0286ff5200000578-311_468x527.jpg