B'Twin Triban 5

goffski
goffski Posts: 72
edited April 2013 in Your road bikes
Bought myself my first road bike about 6 months ago.

triban_before_01.jpg

Made a few upgrades this past week. I know I probably could have got better wheels for the money but i though these would look pretty cool on the bike.

triban_after_01.jpg

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Great bike for the money, looks better on those hoops
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    I thought it was a photoshopped image when I first looked. :lol:
    Nice looking wheels.
  • scuba08
    scuba08 Posts: 3
    Hello Gofski

it seems you are familiar with decathlon i need your feedback regarding this brand as i was looking for a carbon bike and i saw the FC 7 from decathlon with SRAM rival so do you advise this brand wha tis your experience with them ?

thanks
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Good work, enjoy...
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    It's not red!!!
  • scuba08
    scuba08 Posts: 3
    yes red color this is the picture
  • triban
    triban Posts: 149
    Looking good goffski!

i've got some fulcrum 5's on order for my triban 5... does the ride feel any better since you upgraded the wheels?

check out the link in my sig to see what i've done with mine so far... i'm addicted to buying things for it!
  • goffski
    scuba08 wrote:
    Hello Gofski

it seems you are familiar with decathlon i need your feedback regarding this brand as i was looking for a carbon bike and i saw the FC 7 from decathlon with SRAM rival so do you advise this brand wha tis your experience with them ?

thanks

Hi scuba08, i'm pretty new to road bikes so have nothing to compare this bike too as it's my first. From what little info i could find on the web they're great bikes for the money but i'm not sure how the more expensive bikes in their range compare, i assume the same ?

What i can say is i received great service from Decathlon. I had an issue with the rear wheel, took it in and they replaced it there and then under warranty and also gave it a server FOC too.
  • goffski
    triban wrote:
    Looking good goffski!

i've got some fulcrum 5's on order for my triban 5... does the ride feel any better since you upgraded the wheels?

check out the link in my sig to see what i've done with mine so far... i'm addicted to buying things for it!

Your bike is looking great pal! I did think about replacing a few more bits but i'm happy with it for now, don't really want to spend any more on it as i can see me wanting a new bike in the not too distant future. :)