Long shot but you never know

Fil6914
Fil6914 Posts: 74
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
Hi the wife has just seen around 30 cyclists riding in Billingham Teesside, all sorts of shapes and sizes with road and mountain bikes has anyone any idea who/what they are ? Are they a cycling club or just a group who get together for a ride on a Sunday morning ??

The reason I'm asking is that I feel very conspicuous at the moment going out by myself on the new bike and would like to join up with these people if I could find out who they are

Phil
Road - Giant Defy 0
Road - carrera virtuoso
MTB - Kona cindercone MTB 1997

Comments

• Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Looks like a club run to me.Most do them on Sunday mornings,
    Do a Google and see if there is a club near you?
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    google for your local ctc group?
  • pride4ever
    pride4ever Posts: 510
    I think the gales basically rounded up a load of random cyclists and pushed them all together like leaves in a corner.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • Fil6914
    Fil6914 Posts: 74
    Lol you may be right there 35-40mph gusts here glad I didn't try the 36 mile Stockton/Darlington ride today

Phil
    Road - Giant Defy 0
    Road - carrera virtuoso
    MTB - Kona cindercone MTB 1997
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    The Stockton Wheelers CC are very near you. Perhaps it's them.
  • k3vinjam3s
    k3vinjam3s Posts: 266
    They are group rides that go out from the hub in Stockton, could have been them. Where did you see them?

Doubt it was Stockton wheelers as they go out from Fairfield and would all be on road bikes in the same kit as one another.
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    I should have read the OP more carefully. There's also an MTB club called (ahem) Muddybums that is actually based in Billingham. Could it be them? If not, I'm out of possibilities.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Stockton Wheelers!! Yey, I used to be a member of them many moons ago when they were pretty much the only decent cycling club in Teesside. Most likely them as they are a popular club.