Heat Wave

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited April 2013 in The bottom bracket
So we're having a heat wave at the moment, temperature hit over 10 degrees in Manchester today, I was suffering from heat exhaustion.

Did not make the most of the heat wave by getting ont bike as was flat searching.

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    its a scorcher :lol::lol::lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    It is fairly hot in Kuwait at present too.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Dunno about heatwave. Windy as f@@k though!
  • Lagrange
    Not in Kuwait it aint!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Today is the hottest day since September! SEVEN FLIPPIN MONTH.!!!!!!!
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Today is the hottest day since September! SEVEN FLIPPIN MONTH.!!!!!!!

I think that depends where you were mate :|
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Lagrange wrote:

It was hot last time I was there, mind you it was an utter shithole, nothing was open, burnt out cars everywhere. Yep, '91 was deifnitely a bad year for a trip :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    19 degC here today in Norfolk with no windchill...conditions that have actually been forecast accurately since Wed which is why seeing some cyclists in long dark bibtights and long sleeve jerseys baffled me, they must have been sweating buckets and clearly don't believe in weather forecasting.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    11 degrees, windy and peeing down all weekend in South Wales. Give me cold and dry any day!
  • pease
    pease Posts: 150
    Warm but windy in Surrey. Out in full summer gear. Saw loads in winter gear who must have been boiling ! 50miles done.
    Insert witty signature here
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    18c with a warm wind here in Berkshire..... Very nice, but way too gusty for riding !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • willhub
    19 degC here today in Norfolk with no windchill...conditions that have actually been forecast accurately since Wed which is why seeing some cyclists in long dark bibtights and long sleeve jerseys baffled me, they must have been sweating buckets and clearly don't believe in weather forecasting.

I'm wearing my arm warmers and long bibs until it's at least 23 degrees.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Does it ever rise above 23C in Manchester?
  • dmclite-3.0
    willhub wrote:

You are never, ever going to get a girlfriend, are you ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange wrote:

It was hot last time I was there, mind you it was an utter shithole, nothing was open, burnt out cars everywhere. Yep, '91 was deifnitely a bad year for a trip :D

..perchance you are an Iraqi?
  • dmclite-3.0
    Lagrange wrote:
    Lagrange wrote:

Nope, other team.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    25c sunny, cloudless, no wind, I went out wearing arm warmers, I was cold, took them off when I stopped for a hot coffee to warm me up, roll on summer :D

Sorry :oops:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    team47b wrote:
    25c sunny, cloudless, no wind, I went out wearing arm warmers, I was cold, took them off when I stopped for a hot coffee to warm me up, roll on summer :D

Sorry :oops:

Hope the puncture fairy is Portugese! :lol:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    Windy as feck on the cycle home, with rain thrown in - I love the uk
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Lagrange wrote:
    Lagrange wrote:

Nope, other team.

Thta was a good laugh cheers
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    willhub wrote:

Steve, as you're never going to get a girlfriend any chance of those piccies of your mum's norks you promised us all ages ago?
  • willhub
    willhub wrote:

I don't think my chances would be even better if I walked into town and into a bar with just my shorts and a jersey on as opposed to bibs and arm warmers now do you?

Are you telling me if I walk into Lloyds bar in the Printworks naked I'd pull all the girls.

Wait a minute, I'm seeing a pattern here.

If I remove my clothes so I'm naked, then remove my skin, does that mean the girls are going to flock to me like wolves?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Lagrange wrote:

Yeah, i've still got a tin of Gulf sardines in the cupboard - in oil.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • dmclite-3.0
    Lagrange wrote:

Yeah, i've still got a tin of Gulf sardines in the cupboard - in oil.

Ive still got a massive lump of cheese and a rodent trap to end all rodent traps.

Yep it is a weapon of mouse destruction...............cheque please ?