You're A Proper Cyclist when........

2»

Comments

• andi1363 wrote:
    When you know the rules and understand what they mean!

No, that moreorless guarantees that you AREN'T a proper cyclist. ;)
  • marylogic
    marylogic Posts: 355
    I was chatting to a work colleague who rides a bike but isn't a cyclist. I mentioned that there were some "good hills" near where he lived. He said he thought that describing hills as "good" must be the sign of a real cyclist.
  • oceheb
    oceheb Posts: 124
    when you got power meter...
  • adamski_8
    adamski_8 Posts: 35
    when u can't wait to finish work for the day and cycle home + do some extra miles just because u can!
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Everytime you overtake another cyclist you think you are in a race in the stage of the TDF.

You check Strava every hour to make sure no one has beaten your best time.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    marylogic wrote:
    I was chatting to a work colleague who rides a bike but isn't a cyclist. I mentioned that there were some "good hills" near where he lived. He said he thought that describing hills as "good" must be the sign of a real cyclist.

He knew you did not mean they were good to cycle down then?...........or did you! :lol:
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    When walking along the pavement you get annoyed with people who don't hold their line.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • marylogic
    marylogic Posts: 355
    Carbonator wrote:
    marylogic wrote:

He knew you did not mean they were good to cycle down then?...........or did you! :lol:

Oh no, I hate descents - how to ruin a good hill if you ask me :)
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    iPete wrote:
    You shoulder check every time you change direction.

And your not on your bike.

Haha, I've done that whilst walking the streets of London! I find myself getting annoyed when someone "pulls out" in front of me when I'm on foot....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    You sit at your computer desk, on this forum, looking out the window, just hoping that the weather holds up until 5pm so that you can escape the mundane existence of the employment machine and spend a couple of hours releasing some build up stress and energy on some stretch of tarmac somewhere out in the countryside! :D
    It's been a while...
  • Last thing at night you go to the bike cave and squeeze the tyres to ensure you don't have a puncture. 'Cos if you do it must be fixed there and then. Even if you're not riding the next day.
    And the next day, even though you checked the night before and the tyres were fine, you check the pressures before you leave.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Slowmart wrote:
    Your bike costs more than your car.

This happened at 17, should I be worried?
    Look 675 Light Di2
    Boardman Pro C winter hack
    Cannondale Prophet
    Decathlon Hub geared City bike
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    sub55 wrote:
    when you know the way to the x-ray department in more than one hospital

When either one or both collar bones have a rather 'lumpy' feel to them 'cos we don't get them pinned back together like the pro's! :wink:
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048