Dalby Forest

clemo2k1
clemo2k1 Posts: 15
edited April 2013 in MTB general
has anyone been to dalby forest recently im going tomorrow but wouldnt mind knowing what the conditions are like last time i went was in january and it was destroyed due to all the rain with loads of standing water plus the sandy surface didnt help. nearly destroyed my bike. :(

Comments

• jolmes
    jolmes Posts: 144
    Post here and have a see
    https://www.facebook.com/DalbyBikeBarn?fref=ts
    Sophie is pretty awesome at responding and letting people know what's going on up there.
  • divingmoose
    divingmoose Posts: 540
    Hi mate,
    I was there last week and it was in great nick considering the weather we have had.
  • orbdemon
    orbdemon Posts: 12
    Was there a couple of weeks back, was in pretty good shape given the recent weather - a few patches had some snow / ice that hadn't yet melted away.

It was great in the Sun, felt like Spring had finally started!
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Ride over Dalby every day (live in Scarborough). Been dry as a bone up there, despite the rest of the country seeing snow and rain. Been a bit of snow in the shaded areas of the trees left over from the snow we had previous to the recent spell of bad weather (can take months for snow to shift from the shaded areas of Dalby) but otherwise it's dry with the ground having occasional damp patches rather than actual mud. Rained on Friday, but it wasn't bad enough to really sink into the ground and was sunny and warm as anything on Saturday. Been pretty warm today but windy as hell in the exposed sections (probably not so bad in amongst the trees).