Fuddymox saturday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,873
edited April 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

so........ is my local argos a good place to buy a bike?

Alarm set for the GP qual but thankfully due to some work stuck in my head I got up at 5am :( So having a break from doing reports to enjoy the GP

Later is lots of cleaning up after the builders as I have got a mate from the criminal country visiting - so obviously pub :)

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

I'm off into town in a moment because I need to get some glasses for reading and working. I'm also doing the food shopping, which is good, as I'll decide what we eat this week :twisted:

For now it's the GP qualifying where it looks like Vettel has been siphoning off fuel from Webber's car as he's just run out in Q2...

Also tennis and revision meh today, and rebuilding the El Guapo/Guano

Laters
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning scoffers of bacons.

got brother in law today, gonna do man type building stuff, drink tea and eat chocolate biscuits!

Then off to the pub/thai place for a few pints of bombardier (huzzah!) and a curry that will make me cry on the way out!

trar
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Morning frotagees,
    The current mrs woodmonkey has gone to eden hall spa for the day, which leaves me at home with the 3 mini monkeys, hope they are looking forward to a fun day of bike maintenance! Coffee done, bacons done, time for the kids to play scanners.
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    The great thing about getting up at 5:30 during the week, is that waking up at 8am on a Saturday is a huge lie in, and I still have the whole day to go! Win 8)

Today is a beautiful day, and naturally, I'm sat inide waiting for the interwebs engineer to fix the line :roll: I shall be in my shed for the most part, looking at tyres, fixing tubes etc.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Early run done. Gotta love the Jeremy Kyle interviewees round here - Shanise (or whatever name was being bellowed round the street in the early hours of this morning) better have got herself into the house as someone sounded pretty angry with her. She really shouldn't annoy her dad it seems.

Day of ladies wot lunch with my friend coming up from the deepest West Country shortly followed by some retail therapy. When this is done I may find a hill to run up ready for an evening of eating carbs to disgust my housemates.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Afternoon Dirtbags,

Have already been over to Blackheath and back to collect supplies and stuff. Managed to escape from them shopping maniacs into Costas for a bucket of the morning caffeine and cheese toastie. Now hoping to do a few things that I want to do...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon scuttlers

Sorting house, doing a bit of shopping and then off to a techno and house night tonight.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • S'up futhamuckers!

Rockhopper has now been MTBified again, so quite happy with that. Just waiting for the wall mounts to arrive from Rose now so I can get all 3 bikes off the garage floor. Next on the list is a bit of a refurb on the Reed.

Out for the first time properly on the new roadie tomorrow. Going to smash the back out of Strava! Can't BIoody wait!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    I am fookin knackered. Been out on the bike, done the shopping and have cleared a 60x20ft section of our new allotment. It's my 39th birthday tomorrow so I'm going to do exactly more of the same but with added full English breakfast.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola dooshes,

Been playing games eating cookies all day, much goodness.
  • Evening meatflaps.

Today has been win in general. Lots of bacons and chocolate goodies. Managed to fit a ride in on the moors, went exceptionally well until I fell head first into some peat bog. Now onto the beers and some Xbox.

Tomorrow will probably involve more bike riding though the rain isn't looking too appealing.

Laters freaks.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    The fecking interwebs man didn't come. Hasn't rung or anything! I'm in a pretty pi$$ed off mood now. I've emailed EE saying their service has been terrible, and that I'm cancelling my contract on Monday.

Should have gone with Virgin from day one :roll:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    I am fookin knackered. Been out on the bike, done the shopping and have cleared a 60x20ft section of our new allotment. It's my 39th birthday tomorrow so I'm going to do exactly more of the same but with added full English breakfast.

Happy birthday you slightly younger than me bastard!