Deleting Garmin files

smoggysteve
smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
edited April 2013 in Road general
Does anyone who ownes a Garmin 500 know how to delete any files on the unit that you do not want? i.e any time you press start it has a save for the few seconds it was on. I know its a bit OCD but they really annoy me and would rather just have my actual rides on it. Cheers.

Comments

• zardoz
    zardoz Posts: 251
    Connect it to your pc and it will appear as a removable drive from which you can display the file structure and delete the files
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    Did this just this morning to make room for a firmware update (on the 200 model). I had a big history of rides and loads of routes that I didn't need any more.

If anyone is doing this on the Mac, it's recommended that you empty the main trash before disconnecting the device, as they will sometimes stay put otherwise.
  • gubber12345
    gubber12345 Posts: 493
    or go into.....MENU....HISTORY.....DELETE....INDV ACTIVITIES or ALL ACTIVITIES and select from there what u want to do.thats the way i do it anyhow.
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    And of course, there's always the chuck it away once you've filled it up and buy another empty one, option.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    What gubber12345 says, making sure that you click on yes to confirm then nothing seems to happen so you don't think they've gone but they have...
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    YOU GUYS

Thanks...
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    You're welcome. I only know because its the same system they put on the 405 running watch which had a much smaller memory so had to be cleared out regularly. It isn't very well explained in the manual which is a bit pants IMO and I remember being baffled over it for days and had to ask on a running forum!