Sunset Cycles, any good?

Motley13
Motley13 Posts: 89
edited April 2013 in MTB general
While looking around online for a new set of forks for a frame ive just bought i came across a nice set of Fox forks on Sunset Cycles site. Ive never heard of these guys before so abit cautious before i move ahead and put any money down. I was wondering has anybody had any dealing with this company and are they any good at all or are they best to be avoided??

Comments

• Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    There not to bad the service could be better when you actually go in to the shop, some of the guys seem a bit lethargic but you won't have any issues ordering online they are a reputable business.
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    yeah they're a reputable shop, they've been there years. I bought a frame off them ages ago.

they're not dodgy if you're worried about being ripped off :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    There rude, unhelpful. and generally over priced in my experience.

Having been going there many years, and i have bought a bike there when the service was truly terrible and disinterested. I personally avoid them like the plague and now make the trip up to PS cycles up by Cwm carn now.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    There rude, unhelpful. and generally over priced in my experience.

Having been going there many years, and i have bought a bike there when the service was truly terrible and disinterested. I personally avoid them like the plague and now make the trip up to PS cycles up by Cwm carn now.

but in relation to what the OP wants they're fine. he's buying off the website and they're not a sham company. they've been going at least 20 years iirc I bought my frame when I was 17 :oops:
  • Went in about 2 weeks ago, great service.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Used them for something on my old hardtail a few years ago. pricey, but no complaints otherwise. Like most places you hear mixed reports, but they are deffo reputable and well established.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Motley13
    Motley13 Posts: 89
    Cheers guys, always like to double check things before i pay out alot of money. Looks like ill have some nice Fox forks after next friday :D