Would this fit/replace this? SS cranksets..

bushu
bushu Posts: 711
edited April 2013 in Commuting chat
yhUZx5E2XaJ68FnVEyNxt5eHIHYY_YB7pPlR6-1ldsGqOAb3xLKp4xE75DYxJmD8u8ipoExm1UyhoL1PnBNToYp2ZjOIUmueqEwI8jbq9HoxgJqajgLrosIa-fiwihRcwFNPO5iwgpFRvgWBK5-bodUcAbuCKIvD2q-7c04S-PG46WQ0vZZCgcQBWhGgtbrA0ScvIq-RmlRdtGkEohY4qeD3=s120-c
Wanting this one - FSA Gimondi Track chainset

I have this one - Sugino RD2 messenger chainset
RD2silver_messenger.jpg

45mm chainline 130BCD.... only difference is recommended axle length of
Sugino RD2 is 103mm
FSA Gimondi 110.5mm

So my Charge Plug Freestyler would require a new 110.5mm bb? but wouldn't that alter the chainline i'm confused :oops:

then.. to add to my confusion on-one are reporting the following for the Gimondi chainset

Requires 103mm JIS Japanese standard bottom bracket (a standard square taper will work but JIS is recommended).

please just tell me what to do :roll:

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Velo Solo says 103mm JIS Shimano BB
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • bushu
    :lol: I spend too much time looking at bike bits, think yesterday i had blown a fuse by bedtime..
    Next I've to source a compatible chainset for the roadie, hopefully in 160mm arm length flavour

Thanks Redvee :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Chainline required at the front reflect the chainline required at the back, so depends on whether you are running SS or cassette and your OLD (although that's a tiny change)....

I use a Stronlight SS track setup at the front with a rear cassette.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bushu
    Chainline required at the front reflect the chainline required at the back, so depends on whether you are running SS or cassette and your OLD (although that's a tiny change)....

I use a Stronlight SS track setup at the front with a rear cassette.
    :? ya lost me.. :)

thanks for input, bought it :D